View an Analytics report
Use the built-in overview reports in Hootsuite Analytics to review and share the most important metrics for your social accounts. You can view and share reports for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Amplify, Insights, Team, and Ow.ly traffic. You can also view and share a mixed overview report that displays a combined view of all four social networks. Advanced users with Team, Business, and Enterprise plans can create more business-specific custom reports to view specific metrics.
Plans: Professional and Legacy Pro plan customers can view a variety of overview reports. To create custom reports and customize data in reports, you must be a Team, Business, or Enterprise plan member. See Create a new report in Analytics.
Track and share your social performance with overview reports. The following metrics are available (by report type):
- Facebook Overview - Posts, Fans, Engagement, Traffic, Posts by Page, Fans by Page, Engagement by Type, Traffic by Page, Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Posts Table, Video Views Table.
- Instagram Overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Post Video Views, Posts by Account, Followers by Account, Engagement by Type, Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Posts Table, Video Views Table.
- LinkedIn Engagement - Engagement, Engagement by type, Posts, Page Reactions, Page Comments, Page Shares, Page Clicks, Posts Table.
- LinkedIn Overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Page Clicks, Posts by Page, Followers by Page, Engagement by Type, Page Clicks by Page, Posts Table, Page Impressions, Page Reach, Page Engagement Rate.
- Mixed Overview
- Facebook Fans, Twitter Followers, Instagram Followers, LinkedIn Followers.
- Facebook Posts, Tweets, Instagram Posts, LinkedIn Posts.
- Facebook Engagement, Twitter Engagement, Instagram Engagement, LinkedIn Engagement.
- Facebook Engagement by Type, Twitter Engagement by Type, Instagram Engagement by Type, LinkedIn Engagement by Type.
- Facebook Traffic, Twitter Traffic, Facebook Traffic by Page, Twitter Traffic by Account, Facebook Page Content Clicks, Facebook Post Clicks, LinkedIn Page Clicks, LinkedIn Post Clicks, Facebook Referral Traffic, Twitter Clicks by Referrer, Twitter Clicks by Country.
- Facebook Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Facebook Posts Table, Twitter Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Tweets Table, Instagram Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Instagram Posts Table, LinkedIn Posts Table. See the following "How does Hootsuite Analytics determine sentiment."
- Ow.ly Traffic Overview - Ow.ly Shortened Links, Ow.ly Total Clicks, Ow.ly Traffic for Facebook, Ow.ly Traffic for Twitter, Facebook Per-Post Ow.ly Clicks, Twitter Per-Tweet Ow.ly Clicks, LinkedIn Pages Per-Post Ow.ly Clicks.
- Twitter Overview - Tweets, Followers, Engagement, Traffic, Tweets by Account, Followers by Account, Engagement by Type, Traffic by Account, Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Tweets Table.
- Amplify - Measure the social influence of your organization’s employees by empowering them to share approved content across their social networks.
- Team - Enterprise plan customers can create team reports to compare activity on dedicated support channels to other brand accounts. Filter on inbound message tags to categorize your message volume. Filter to display information specific to teams, team members, social accounts, tags, or message types.
- Insights - Customers with Insights powered by Brandwatch can make sense of millions of customer conversations happening in real time, stay on top of trends, and set strategies with confidence.
- Impact - Customers with Hootsuite Impact can create reports and analyze organic and paid social results, and return on investment (ROI) for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and organic results for YouTube.
Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days continue to update as you work. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post metrics data for dates as early Oct 2, 2017.
Open and display a report
Analytic reports display your social data in tiles. You can use these tiles to chart your paid and organic social data and visualize what's most important to you. Your reports automatically refresh every few minutes to reflect data updated by your social networks. Note that some social networks only update metrics every 24 hours.
- Go to Analytics .
- If the Analytics navigation is not visible, expand it, and then select a report from the reports list.
Optionally, select Sort the reports list to sort your reports by newest or oldest, in ascending or descending order, or by date last modified or date first modified.
The reports list displays up to 10 reports. To view all reports, select See All Reports. For more information, see Manage your Analytics reports.
You can run reports on one or more of your social networks. At the top of the page, select Social Networks. You can search for and select social accounts, filter to view information by social network, and reconnect accounts that have been disconnected. If your report contains additional data sources, you can select Filter to further refine your report view. For example, you can filter team metrics by team, team member, tag, and message type.
Note: A 'missing option' or 'missing account' message beside a social network or account indicates that the social account has been removed from Hootsuite. For more information, see Add a social account to Hootsuite to learn how to add a social account to Hootsuite.
Select a date range or select two dates to compare
Select a date range to display using the date picker at the top of the page. You can also track performance trends over time by comparing two time frames. For example, you can compare your performance this month to last month's, or how this year compared to last year. You can use date range comparisons for Line, Number, List, and Column visualizations.
- Select the date picker at the top of the page.
- To display a date range, select a date range option, and then select Set.
- To compare two time frames, select a date range option, select Compare with another period, select the "compared to" date range, and then select Set.
To remove a comparison, open the date picker, select the X next to the "compared to" date range, and then select Set.