Use the built-in Overview reports in Hootsuite Analytics to review and share the most important metrics for your social accounts. You can display and share customizable reports for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Amplify, Insights, Team, and Ow.ly traffic. You can also display and share a customizable mixed overview report that displays a combined view of all four social networks. Advanced users can create more business-specific custom reports to view specific metrics. Reports are available to professional and Legacy Pro plan customers. Team, Business, and Enterprise plan customers can create custom reports and customize data in overview reports.
Report templates and their available content
Track and share your social performance with overview reports. Create as many of each overview as you need and delete the ones you don’t use. The following metrics are available (by report type):
- Facebook Overview - Posts, Fans, Engagement, Traffic, Posts by Page, Fans by Page, Engagement by Type, Traffic by Page, Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Posts Table, Video Views Table.
- Twitter Overview - Tweets, Followers, Engagement, Traffic, Tweets by Account, Followers by Account, Engagement by Type, Traffic by Account, Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Tweets Table.
- Instagram Overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Post Video Views, Posts by Account, Followers by Account, Engagement by Type, Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Posts Table, Video Views Table.
- LinkedIn Overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Page Clicks, Posts by Page, Followers by Page, Engagement by Type, Page Clicks by Page, Posts Table.
- Mixed Overview
- Facebook Fans, Twitter Followers, Instagram Followers, LinkedIn Followers.
- Facebook Posts, Tweets, Instagram Posts, LinkedIn Posts.
- Facebook Engagement, Twitter Engagement, Instagram Engagement, LinkedIn Engagement.
- Facebook Engagement by Type, Twitter Engagement by Type, Instagram Engagement by Type, LinkedIn Engagement by Type.
- Facebook Traffic, Twitter Traffic, Facebook Traffic by Page, Twitter Traffic by Account, Facebook Page Content Clicks, Facebook Post Clicks, LinkedIn Page Clicks, LinkedIn Post Clicks, Facebook Referral Traffic, Twitter Clicks by Referrer, Twitter Clicks by Country.
- Facebook Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Facebook Posts Table, Twitter Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Tweets Table, Instagram Inbound Messages by Sentiment, Instagram Posts Table, LinkedIn Posts Table. See the following "How does Hootsuite Analytics determine sentiment."
- Ow.ly Traffic Overview - Ow.ly Shortened Links, Ow.ly Total Clicks, Ow.ly Traffic for Facebook, Ow.ly Traffic for Twitter, Facebook Per-Post Ow.ly Clicks, Twitter Per-Tweet Ow.ly Clicks, LinkedIn Pages Per-Post Ow.ly Clicks.
- Amplify - Measure the social influence of your organization’s employees by empowering them to share approved content across their social networks.
- Team - Enterprise plan customers can create team reports to compare activity on dedicated support channels to other brand accounts. Filter on inbound message tags to categorize your message volume. Filter to display information specific to teams, team members, social accounts, tags, or message types.
- Insights - Customers with Insights powered by Brandwatch can make sense of millions of customer conversations happening in real time, stay on top of trends, and set strategies with confidence.
Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days will continue to update as you work. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post metrics data for dates as early Oct 2, 2017.
Open and display a report
Analytic reports display your social data in customizable tiles. Use tiles to chart your paid and organic social data and visualize what's most important to you. Your reports automatically refresh every few minutes to reflect metrics data updated by your social networks. Note, some social networks only update metrics every 24 hours.
- Select Analytics on the left side.
- If the Measure navigation is not visible, expand the navigation, then select a report from the reports list.
You can run reports on one or more of your social networks. At the top of the page, select Social Networks. Here, you can search for a social network, select your social networks, filter to view information by social network, and reconnect networks that have been disconnected. If your report contains additional data sources, you can select Filter at the top of the page. For example, team metrics can be filtered by team, team member, tag, and message type.
Select a date range or select two dates to compare
Select a date range to display using the date picker at the top of the page. You can also track performance trends over time by comparing two time frames. For example, you may want to compare how your performance this month compared to last month or this year compared to last year. Date range comparisons are supported for Line, Number, List, and Column charts.
- Select the date picker at the top of the page.
- To display a date range, select a date range option, then select Set.
- To compare two time frames, select a date range option, select Compare with another period, select the "compared to" date range and select Set.
To remove a comparison, open the date picker, select the X next to the "compared to" date range, and select Set.
The accuracy of data returned from language and sentiment classification algorithms varies. Algorithms are built by analyzing a collection of millions of examples that have been categorized for language and sentiment. Pattern-recognition then allows the software to classify data by matching it to existing patterns.
In certain industries, a general detection set may not match new data with accuracy, especially for sentiment. For example, "This drug can be deadly if overdosed" is a neutral statement when used in a medical context. However, it may be classified as negative based on pattern-matching.
Analytics analyzes mentions and predicts sentiment in 18 languages: Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
How does Hootsuite Analytics determine gender?
Gender is determined by comparing the author name to a database of names, then classified with common patterns. If a name is commonly found to be a name for both a male or female, the gender is indicated as ‘unknown.’