Create and customize reports from pre-built Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram metric templates. You can then export or schedule reports to be emailed to you. See Export or schedule an export of Analytics data.
Create as many reports as you need and delete the ones you don’t use. Your reports and report views are yours to customize. Other than shared reports, changes you make to reports only affect you (not others in your organization). See Share an Analytics report.
Business and Enterprise plan members can also create custom reports from scratch. In addition, Enterprise plan team admins can access team metric templates to measure team impact and efficiency in social support (see Analyze team performance).
Create a new report
There is no limit to the number of reports you can create. Hootsuite provides a number of templates. Each template includes a description and a list of the metrics to make report creation easy.
- Go to Analytics .
- If the Analytics navigation is not visible, expand it, and then select New Report .
- Select your report type from the top of the page. You can select from the following categories:
- Getting Started (these are the standard overview reports described here: Overview reports and their available content).
- LinkedIn Pages
- LinkedIn Profiles
- Team (for Enterprise customers with Team Admin permissions)
- Custom Reports
- Once you've selected a report, select Create Report. For Custom Reports, you need to select metrics from the Metrics Library. Reports are automatically generated and displayed for you to view or configure.
Select a date range or select two dates to compare
Select a date range to display using the date picker at the top of the page. You can also track performance trends over time by comparing two time frames. For example, you may want to compare how your performance this month compared to last month, or how this year compared to last year. Date range comparisons are supported for Line, Number, List, and Column visualizations.
- Select the date picker at the top of the page.
- To display a date range, select a date range option, and then select Set.
- To compare two time frames, select a date range option, select Compare with another period, select the "compared to" date range, and then select Set.
To remove a comparison, open the date picker, select the X next to the "compared to" date range, and then select Set.