Users and roles
Amplify admins can be either Member admins, Content admins, or both. Member admins can add and remove users from the organization, edit user profiles, and subscribe users to topics. Member admins cannot post content to Amplify.
There are two other content publishing roles: Publisher and Contributor. These limited permissions can be assigned to users at the topic level without making them admins.
- Publishers can only publish content to the topics they are assigned. They will only see the draft, scheduled, and posted content for the topics they have access to.
- Contributors can publish content to the topics they are assigned, but their posts must first be approved. Content admins can approve posts for all topics, and Publishers can approve posts for their assigned topics.
To manage users
- Click more in the top-right corner of your Amplify stream, and then click Users. This opens a list of all users in your organization.
- Click on a user’s name to view their profile in detail.
To add a user
- Click Add user in the top-right corner.
- Enter the advocate’s name and email address.
- Optional: Make the user a Member or Content admin, enter their title, or subscribe them to open or closed topics.
- Click Save.
The user will receive an email invitation to download the Amplify app, create an account and begin sharing content!
If a user doesn’t receive the email, Member admins can click on their name in the user list, scroll down to the bottom of their profile, and then click Resend Email.
To delete a user
- Select the user from the list.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete again to confirm.
To subscribe a user to a topic
- Select the user from the user list, and then click Subscriptions in the bottom-left corner.
- Select the topics to subscribe the user to, and then click Save.
To assign a publishing role
- Click on a user’s name in the user list.
- Scroll down and then click Topic Subscriptions.
- Subscribe the user to a topic or topics.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the topic, and then select a user role.
Subscribers are advocates who only have access to the Amplify app.
To submit content for publishing/scheduling, Contributors will click Get Approved instead of clicking Post.
The post will remain in the Drafts queue pending approval by a Publisher or Content admin.
Users with approval rights will see a notification in-stream when a post requires approval. The approver can either:
- Review the post, make edits as necessary, and then click Post; or
- Click Reject, enter a note for the Contributor, and then click Reject again. The post will be returned with the note to the Contributor’s draft queue.