Admins: Manage Amplify users and roles
Adding or removing users from an Amplify organization can be done by a super admin or admin of the Hootsuite organization. Teams created in Hootsuite are synced to Amplify. See how to manage Amplify members and teams.
New Amplify users will receive an email invitation to download the Amplify app, create an account, and begin sharing content. They are not required to create a Hootsuite account.
There are three roles available for members who will be managing content for their organization through the Hootsuite dashboard:
Publisher: Can publish content to the topics they are assigned. They will only see the draft, scheduled, and posted content for the topics they have access to.
Contributor: Can publish content to the topics they are assigned, but their posts must first be approved. Content admins can approve posts for all topics, and Publishers can approve posts for their assigned topics.
Contributors select Get Approved instead of Post when submitting content. The post remains in the Drafts queue pending approval. Approvers see a notification in-stream when a post requires approval. Approvers can:
- Review the post, make edits as necessary, and then select Post, or
- Select Reject, enter a note for the Contributor, and then select Reject again. The post is returned with the note to the Contributor’s draft queue
Assign a role
- Select More in the top right of your Amplify stream, and then select Members & Teams. This opens a list of all members in your organization.
- Select a user’s name in the member list.
- Check Content Admin under their name, and then select Continue, or scroll down and select Topic Subscriptions.
- Subscribe the user to a topic or topics.
- Select the drop-down arrow to the right of the topic, and then select the Publisher or Contributor role. Subscribers are users who only have access to the Amplify app.