In this article:
Adding or removing users from an Amplify organization can be done by a super admin or admin of the Hootsuite organization. Teams created in Hootsuite are synced to Amplify. See how to manage Amplify members and teams.
New Amplify users will receive an email invitation to download the Amplify app, create an account, and begin sharing content. They are not required to create a Hootsuite account.
There are three roles available for members who will be managing content for their organization through the Hootsuite dashboard:
Publisher: Can publish content to the topics they are assigned. They will only see the draft, scheduled, and posted content for the topics they have access to.
Contributor: Can publish content to the topics they are assigned, but their posts must first be approved. Content admins can approve posts for all topics, and Publishers can approve posts for their assigned topics.
Contributors click Get Approved instead of Post when submitting content. The post will remain in the Drafts queue pending approval. Approvers will see a notification in-stream when a post requires approval. Approvers can:
- Review the post, make edits as necessary, and then click Post; or
- Click Reject, enter a note for the Contributor, and then click Reject again. The post will be returned with the note to the Contributor’s draft queue.
To assign a role
- Click more in the top-right corner of your Amplify stream, and then click Members & Teams. This opens a list of all members in your organization.
- Click on a user’s name in the member list.
- Check Content Admin under their name, and then click Continue, or scroll down and click Topic Subscriptions.
- Subscribe the user to a topic or topics.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the topic, and then select the Publisher or Contributor role. Subscribers are users who only have access to the Amplify app.
To subscribe a user to a topic
- Select the user from the user list, and then click Subscriptions in the bottom-left corner.
- Select the topics to subscribe the user to, and then click Save.
To subscribe a team to a topic
- Click more in the top-right corner of your Amplify stream, and then click Members & Teams.
- Click the Teams tab.
- Select a team from the list, and then click Subscriptions in the bottom-left corner.
- Select the topics to subscribe the team to, and then click Save.