In this article:
Amplify admin roles
There are four roles available for members who will be managing users and content for their organization through the Hootsuite dashboard:
Member admin: Can add and remove users from the organization, edit user profiles, and subscribe users to topics. Member admins cannot post content to Amplify.
Admins can be both Member and Content admins.
Publishers: Can publish content to the topics they are assigned. They will only see the draft, scheduled, and posted content for the topics they have access to.
Contributors: Can publish content to the topics they are assigned, but their posts must first be approved. Content admins can approve posts for all topics, and Publishers can approve posts for their assigned topics.
Contributors click Get Approved instead of Post when submitting content. The post will remain in the Drafts queue pending approval. Approvers will see a notification in-stream when a post requires approval. Approvers can:
- Review the post, make edits as necessary, and then click Post; or
- Click Reject, enter a note for the Contributor, and then click Reject again. The post will be returned with the note to the Contributor’s draft queue.
To add a user to your Amplify organization
- Click more in the top-right corner of your Amplify stream, and then click Members & Teams. This opens a list of all users in your organization. Click on a user’s name to view their profile in detail.
- Click Add user in the top-right corner.
- Enter the user's name and email address.
- Optional: Make the user a Member or Content admin, enter their title, or subscribe them to open or closed topics.
- Click Save in the top-right corner.
New users will receive an email invitation to download the Amplify app, create an account, and begin sharing content. If a user doesn’t receive the email, click on their name in the user list, scroll down to the bottom of their profile, and then click Resend Email.
Inviting a new user to your organization automatically creates a Hootsuite account for them. If you see an error when trying to add a user, it’s possible that their email has already been used to create a Hootsuite account, so a second one cannot be created. Contact your customer success manager to assist you with inviting them to the organization.
To delete a user
- Select the user from the list.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete again to confirm.
To subscribe a user to a topic
- Select the user from the user list, and then click Subscriptions in the bottom-left corner.
- Select the topics to subscribe the user to, and then click Save.
To assign a publishing role
- Click on a user’s name in the user list.
- Scroll down and then click Topic Subscriptions.
- Subscribe the user to a topic or topics.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the topic, and then select Publisher or Contributor.
Subscribers are users who only have access to the Amplify app.