The contest editor displays your contest as it will look when published, making it easy to customize and edit.
To create a contest
- Select Contests from the launch menu.
- If this is your first contest, select a contest type, or click Create New and then select a contest type.
- Enter a name and URL for your contest. Each contest's URL must be unique.
- Select whether to publish your contest to a web page, a Facebook custom tab, or both.
- Click Create.
You will be dropped into the contest editor to customize and publish your new contest. As you customize, click Previews in the top-left corner at any time to see what your finished contest will look like on desktop, mobile or Facebook tab.
Click Save in the top-right corner at any time to save your contest for editing and publishing later.
Click the back arrow in the top-left corner of the contest editor, or click Exit in the bottom-right corner to return to your contests dashboard.
- Click in any text field with an edit icon to the right of it . Edit the font, size, colour and formatting of these fields, or remove them from the contest.
Don’t forget to include any contest rules or instructions!
- Click Edit Header Background to select a different background pattern and colour, or upload your own header image .
If you don’t want a header, click the toggle in the top-right corner of the header.
- Click Logo in the top-left corner of the header to upload a company logo.
- Click Edit Social Sharing under the header to edit the message that will be shared to social networks with the contest. Click Edit Individual Social Sharing to customize the message for individual applicable social networks.
For Sweepstakes, Sign Up, Photo Contest and Video Contests:
- Check the field boxes to make them Required Fields. Some required fields, like Email, are mandatory, and will be greyed out.
- Click Add Another Form Field to add more fields like phone number, postal/zip code, question, country, gender, Twitter handle, Captcha or multiple choice.
- Click and drag each field around the form to reorder them on the page.
- Click Add Terms and Conditions to enter your contest terms and conditions. These are required before publishing.
- Click the toggle beside Display Countdown to show or hide the contest countdown.
- Click Edit Start and End Date to edit the contest period and time zone.
Click Pages on the right side of the editor to customize the other pages in the contest. This includes Thank you and Terms and Conditions pages. Click on each one to edit the text and formatting of the pages.
Click Settings on the right side of the editor to complete your contest. Depending on the contest type, you can configure from among the following settings:
- Select the display language for the contest.
Note: Text fields need to be populated in the selected language, as customizable text is not translated automatically when the contest is published.
- Select the contest period.
- Enable or disable moderation of your entries.
- Enable or disable voting.
- Select a voting period.
- Select voting options (frequency and number of votes allowed).
- Edit the name and URL of the contest. The URL cannot be edited once the contest is published.
- Change the publishing options of the contest (web page/Facebook custom tab).
- Change the Facebook Page connected for the custom tab.
- Check Entrant can enter by signing in with their Facebook account. This adds a Connect to Facebook button for entrants to enter instead of entering their email address.
When your contest is ready to publish, click Publish in the top-right corner. If you are publishing to a Facebook tab, connect to Facebook and select the Facebook Page, then click the Publish button again.
Note: The contest will not display at the URL or on the FB tab until the selected start time of the contest.