Share stream content
You can share content you find in your Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube streams to your own social networks. To share Twitter content, see Like, reply, retweet, and message in Twitter streams.
The information in this article applies to: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
In this article:
Re-share Instagram posts
Instagram Business profiles with full functionality enabled can re-share others' Instagram posts from the hashtag search stream to their own Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram accounts. Always credit the original poster's @username when re-sharing someone else's Instagram content.
Because of an Instagram API limitation, you can publish only one image per Instagram post; re-sharing a post with multiple images only publishes the first image.
To re-share an Instagram post
- Go to Streams , select the board hosting the Instagram stream, and locate the post you want to re-share.
- Select View on Instagram to copy the poster's @username from Instagram natively.
- In the Hootsuite stream, select Reshare below the post. The post's image and caption is populated in the composer.
- Enter the @username in the caption to give photo credit to the original poster before sending or scheduling.
Share YouTube videos to other social networks
You can share your own videos or other videos from your streams to the rest of your social networks. After you publish a video to YouTube, a pop-up appears in which you can select Share via Hootsuite to add the video URL into the compose message box. You can also do this at any time from your streams.
To share a YouTube video to other social networks
- Go to Streams , and select the board hosting the YouTube stream.
- Select More Actions below the video, and then select Share. The composer opens with the video URL already in the Text field of the post.
- Proceed to complete and send the post as usual.
Share Facebook content
You can share Facebook content from your streams to your own Facebook Pages or groups.
To share Facebook content
- Go to Streams , and select the board hosting the Facebook stream.
- Select Share below the post.
- Select the Page or group that will share the post from the drop-down menu.
- Optional: Select Say something about this and enter a comment above the shared content.
- Select Share.
The number of times a post is shared will display below the post; the number updates upon browser refresh.
- Private posts cannot be shared to a different page/group. This includes posts from private or secret groups.
- Facebook does not allow scraping of Facebook-centric links, such as events when publishing through third-party platforms like Hootsuite. These link previews may cause intermittent social network disconnection.