Streams can be edited at any time. You can edit a stream's search expression to narrow or widen the stream for more relevant results. Mentions and metrics data collected thus far will remain unchanged, but all mentions collected going forward will match your new search parameters. The new data is added seamlessly to what already exists from the time of the stream edit.
Signals that existed before a stream edit will remain, but new Signals will reflect the new keywords. Mentions tagged before the stream edit will remain in your tag Activity.
If you don't want to keep the irrelevant mentions collected before your stream edit, you can choose to reindex your results. Reindexing matches the last 90 days of stream mentions to your new search parameters. Any existing mentions, metrics, reports, boards, signals, or analytics data that don’t match the new stream parameters will be discarded.
There is no way to restore a previous stream after reindexing. Reverting to your original search parameters will only collect relevant results from that point forward.
For this reason, we recommend building and then exporting a report to capture your current Metrics data before making changes. You can also create a duplicate of your stream before reindexing.
To edit a stream
- Select the stream from the side navigation menu.
- Click Configure beside the stream name, and then click Edit Stream.
- Apply edits to one of the tabs:
- Define your keywords: Add or remove terms to/from the inclusion/exclusion fields.
- Additional sources: Add additional custom sources to your stream.
- Filters: Add filters to your stream results.
- Final details: Enter a new stream name or select a new folder.
- Optional: Toggle Reindex results to ON to match already collected data to the new edits.
This will replace your existing stream mentions and metrics!
- Click Save.
If reindexing is selected, it may take up to an hour for the stream results to update.
Other ways to optimize streams:
- To optimize stream results without editing the stream, hover over a mention, click the Delete arrow and then select Delete to remove the mention, Delete author to remove an author’s content from your streams, or Delete domain, to remove content from a specific source. These deletions are permanent.
- If a mention’s attributes (sentiment, language, location or gender) are indicated incorrectly, change it by clicking the drop-down arrow to the right of the mention, and selecting the correct value. These will be updated in your metrics.