Add Google Alerts as a custom source
If you have Google Alerts set up to keep track of company news, you can add them as an additional source in an Insights stream.
To add a Google Alerts feed as an additional source
- Sign in to Google and navigate to google.com/alerts.
- Enter an alert subject in the text field and then click CREATE ALERT (or skip to step 3 if you have an existing alert).
- Click Edit beside the alert.
- Select RSS feed from the Deliver to option list.
- Click Update alert.
- Click RSS beside the feed and then copy the URL in the address bar.
- In Insights, create a new stream, or edit an existing stream. Under the Additional sources tab, select RSS as the type, paste the alert feed URL, and then click Add.
- Click Save.
Important: The Google Alert must contain data at the time it is added. If your browser loads the feed and there are no mentions in it, then you cannot add it as a custom source.