Sign in issues can be attributed to a number of factors, but 95% of these issues can be corrected with the solutions listed below. Try them in the order listed for optimum results.
Sign in troubleshooting
- Confirm you are using the correct email address and password. Remember, casing is important too.
- Update your billing information. Overdue accounts will have restricted access.
- Refresh your web browser and try to sign in again.
- Clear your browser data and try to sign in again.
- Reset your password.
- Sign in from a different web browser. This will indicate if you are experiencing a browser-specific issue.
- Sign in from a different computer. This will indicate if you are experiencing a computer-specific issue.
- Using a router? Connect your computer directly to your modem and try to sign in.
- If you can access Hootsuite, this could be an issue with your router’s firewall. Adjust your firewall to allow logins for secure sockets layer (SSL) or https protocol. Consult your router's help manual on how to do this.
- If you cannot access Hootsuite, try a different connection with a different computer. This will indicate if you are experiencing a computer-specific issue.
- Sign in on a different computer from a different Internet Protocol (IP) address. If multiple computers cannot sign in from the same direct connection to a modem, it may be an issue with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).