The following errors are the most common issues encountered when signing in to Hootsuite using an email address and password.
If you are instead trying to login to Hootsuite using a social network that is connected to your dashboard, you will find instructions outlined here.
In this article:
Incorrect password or email address
Request a password reset to be delivered to the email address tied to your Hootsuite account here: https://hootsuite.com/reset-password
- Ensure that you are using the correct email address tied to your Hootsuite account.
- Check your spam and junk mail folders if you do not see the reset delivered to your primary inbox.
- Pay attention to capitalization when entering your password.
If you don’t have access to the email address tied to your Hootsuite account and you are a Free user, you can start a new account and reclaim your social networks with the following steps:
If you have a paid Hootsuite account, please contact our Support team.
If you can not remember your Hootsuite account email address, or you are being told that your email address is incorrect, contact our Support team for further assistance.
- Make sure that your email address is spelled correctly. You’ll know if your email address is associated with a Hootsuite account if you’ve ever been emailed an invoice or received any other email from Hootsuite.
Request for Google Authenticator code
Google Authenticator is a 2-Step security feature that will deliver a login verification code to your mobile device. You can turn off Google Authenticator at any time within your Hootsuite dashboard settings.
Request to use Single Sign-On
Enterprise account holders have the option of enabling Single Sign-On (SSO) so that team members can login to Hootsuite with their corporate credentials.
Login using SSO by clicking Sign in here at the bottom of the Hootsuite sign in page.
For assistance with SSO, please contact your Enterprise account manager.
Other troubleshooting steps
- Refresh your web browser and try to sign in again.
- Clear your browser data and try to sign in again.
- Sign in from a different web browser. This will indicate if you are experiencing a browser-specific issue.
- Sign in from a different computer. This will indicate if you are experiencing a computer-specific issue.
- Using a router? Connect your computer directly to your modem and try to sign in.
- If you can access Hootsuite, this could be an issue with your router’s firewall. Adjust your firewall to allow logins for secure sockets layer (SSL) or https protocol. Consult your router's help manual on how to do this.
- If you cannot access Hootsuite, try a different connection with a different computer. This will indicate if you are experiencing a computer-specific issue.
- Sign in on a different computer from a different Internet Protocol (IP) address. If multiple computers cannot sign in from the same direct connection to a modem, it may be an issue with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).