Update the content (link, images or text) included in Facebook Shares when you make changes to your contest page or if the Share buttons no longer include the correct details.
Facebook Share occasionally caches (stores) contest details to display, the first instance occurring when sharing is enabled and saved in the builder. If changes are subsequently made to your contest, the page will need to debugged to allow fresh content to load.
To update the Facebook Share information
- Open the Facebook Debugger in your browser.
- Enter your Facebook login credentials, and then click Log in.
- Enter the complete contest microsite URL, and then click Debug.
- Click Fetch new scrape information.
- Open your Hootsuite contest, and then click Reload page in your browser.
The Share buttons should now contain the correct information.