How many tabs, streams and social network profiles can I use with my Hootsuite Free account?
Different Hootsuite accounts offer different capabilities. Hootsuite Free accounts allow a maximum of 20 tabs, 10 streams per tab, and three social network profiles.
Why am I not receiving Hootsuite emails?
The spam folder is the first place to look if you haven’t received a Hootsuite email in your inbox. Websites and email addresses can get filtered into spam, junk or trash folders by email servers. This is why it is important for users to add domains (www.hootsuite.com) or email addresses to their email server’s “safe list”, also called whitelisting. This ensures subscribed content arrives in your inbox.
Contact your email provider directly if you need assistance with whitelisting (setting up filters).
Hootsuite Domains and Email Addresses to Whitelist
- Dashboard, secure mode, billing pages: http://www.hootsuite.com.
- Invoices: email@example.com.
- Auto emails such as Assignment notifications: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auto emails such as weekly analytics reports: o1.hootmail.hootsuite.com.
- Uploading images and shortened links: ow.ly and ht.ly.
- Mailing list content (newsletters): mailinglist.hootsuite.com.
- Help Center update emails: email@example.com.
These domains may also need to be whitelisted to use owly
If you are still not receiving Hootsuite emails after 30 minutes, contact our Help Center so we can provide assistance.
Who created Hootsuite?
Hootsuite was created by Invoke Media, and has since grown to become a separate entity now known as Hootsuite Media, Inc.
How can my company create a case study with Hootsuite?
Has your business or organization had a successful campaign that used Hootsuite in an unusual or creative way? Let us know with a note to firstname.lastname@example.org including a brief pitch and your expression of interest. Include any measurable results, screenshots, photos or other interesting elements to enhance your narrative.
We’ll then send you a questionnaire to help craft your story. It will take approximately an hour to complete and the entire project will require a commitment of several hours in total.
What are Hootsuite's social media security practices?
How Hootsuite Helps to Keep Your Data Safe
- When users access Hootsuite, they go through Secure Login. This means your Hootsuite credentials are encrypted through secure sockets layer (SSL), an encryption protocol that uses public-key crypto.
- Hootsuite only interacts with different social networks through application programming interface (API) calls.
- When pulling content from an API call, status updates are in plain text. Text is displayed as a hyperlink only when we detect an "http://" or “https://” prefix.
- Hootsuite utilizes open authorization (OAuth) when connecting to popular social networks such as Twitter. Once done initially, social networks generally do not need to connect again -- meaning connection to an external site for the purposes of integrating a social profile only needs to be done once. This also means Hootsuite does not store usernames and passwords for social networks on servers.
- Team collaboration uses one authorized account to connect the social network(s) via OAuth. This means no team members, even if they have administrative privileges, can connect the social profile to another Hootsuite account.
- Team collaboration offers multiple personnel social network account access without revealing account login credentials.
- Hootsuite provides in-stream link previews. This means users can view webpage content without accessing it.
- Hootsuite automatically quarantines abusive links hidden with Ow.ly URLs with a safety warning, using Google Safebrowsing and manual checks to determine whether a link may be unsafe. Hootsuite also takes additional steps of deleting the offending URL from the database, and blocking the source domain from accessing Ow.ly.
I have a business opportunity for Hootsuite, who can I contact?
For all business opportunities, contact email@example.com.