Hootsuite organizations contain teams, team members and social networks, which can reflect the structure of your own company within the Hootsuite dashboard. The level of access that organization members have is controlled through permissions.
The benefits of an organization include enabling employee collaboration, streamlining of workflows, and efficient management of your company's social networks:
- Assign messages between teams for consistent messaging handling.
- Share streams for monitoring the exact same content.
- Invite collaborators to manage your social profiles without having to share passwords.
Each Hootsuite account can create one organization, but can be a member of multiple organizations. The user who creates the organization is its super admin, with master-level management permissions. A super admin can give other organization members super admin status as well.
Step 1: Create an organization
- Click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Share social networks.
- Click Start collaborating with others or Create an organization in the bottom-left corner of the dashboard.
- Enter an organization name, upload an image to represent the organization (optional), and then click Create Organization.
Now from the organization view you’re ready to build out your organization. We recommend doing so in this order:
Step 2: Add social networks to your organization
- Click Add a Social Network, select a social network from the list, click Connect and authorize your accounts to connect to the dashboard.
Step 3: Create teams
Create teams for grouping social networks, and the members who will have access to them.
- Click Add a Team.
- Enter a team name, upload a team photo (optional), and then click Create Team.
- Repeat as necessary to create multiple teams.
- In the organization view, drag-and-drop your social networks into the teams that will be managing them.
Step 4: Invite team members
- Click Invite Members.
- Enter the email addresses of your team members.
- Click Add a team and select the team(s) they will belong to.
- Click Invite to Hootsuite.
- Optional: Select tabs and streams to share with the new team members, and then click Copy streams, so their dashboards are already set up for collaboration when they join the organization.
See Add or remove members for more details.
Step 5: Customize permission levels
Organization members have permissions set at the organization level, team level and social network level.
- In the organization view, hover your mouse over each social network, click the gear icon, and then select Manage permissions.
- Select the permission level for each member who has access to the social network.
See Manage permissions for more details.
To make changes to your organization after it’s created, check out the rest of our help articles on managing organizations.
Looking for the Team/Pro organization quick start guide?