Hootsuite Organizations allow team member collaboration, streamlining workflows and helping employees efficiently manage your company’s social networks. Organizations contain teams, team members and social networks, which can be organized in a way that reflects the hierarchy and structure of your own company within the Hootsuite dashboard. The level of access that organization members have can be controlled with permissions.
Introduction to organizations
With organizations you can assign messages between teams for consistent messaging collaboration, share streams for monitoring the exact same content, and invite collaborators to manage your social networks without having to give the passwords for your social profiles to every team member.
The Hootsuite user who creates the organization in their dashboard is the super admin of the organization, with master-level permissions for managing teams, team members, social networks and permissions.
Follow these steps to set up your organization (for Team/Pro plan admins, please see Setting up your team):
Step 1: Create an organization
- Select your profile image from the top of the launch menu.
- Click Start collaborating with others or Create an organization in the bottom-left corner of the dashboard.
- Enter your Organization name, upload an image to represent the organization (optional), and then click Create Organization.
See Create an organization for more details.
Step 2: Add social networks to your organization
- Click Manage beside the organization name.
- Click Add a Social Network, select a social network from the list, click Connect and authorize your accounts to connect to the dashboard.
Step 3: Create teams for organizing your members and social networks
- Click Add a Team.
- Enter a team name, upload a team photo (optional), and then click Create Team.
- Repeat as necessary to create multiple teams.
- In the organization view, drag-and-drop your social networks into the teams that will be managing them.
See Create, merge or delete teams for more details.
Step 4: Invite team members to your organization
- Click Invite Members.
- Enter the email addresses of your team members.
- Click Add a team and select the team(s) they will belong to, and then click Invite to Hootsuite.
- Optional: Select tabs and streams to share with the new team members, and then click Copy streams, so their dashboards are already set up for collaboration when they join the organization.
See Add or remove members for more details.
Step 5: Customize social network permission levels
Organization members have permissions set at the organization level, team level and social network level.
- In the organization view, hover your mouse over each social network, click the gear icon, and then select Manage permissions.
- Select the permission level for each member who has access to the social network.
See Manage permissions for more details.