These first steps will help you get started successfully managing your social networks in the Hootsuite dashboard.
Step 1: Create a Hootsuite account
- Open https://hootsuite.com and click Sign Up in the top-right corner.
- Click to select the plan type that fits your needs.
- Enter your information and follow the prompts as we walk you through connecting social networks, adding streams and sending messages.
Step 2: Add social networks
Connect your social profiles to publish and schedule content, and monitor engagement, all from your Hootsuite dashboard. You can manage up to three social networks with Hootsuite Free.
- In the Hootsuite dashboard, select Streams from the launch menu.
- Click Add Social Network, select a social network from the list, click Connect and authorize your accounts to connect to the dashboard.
See Add social networks for more details.
Step 3: Set up tabs and streams
Now that you’ve added social networks to your dashboard, set up streams for each one to monitor conversations and engage with customers. Each social network offers unique stream types. Search streams are especially valuable for finding social activity around specific users, locations, or keywords. Use tabs to organize your streams into groups.
- Select Streams from the launch menu.
- Click Add Tab in the top-left corner, give it a name, and then press ENTER.
- Inside each tab, click Add Stream.
- Select a social network from the list on the left, and then select a profile from the drop-down list.
- Click the streams you want to add for that profile.
Step 4: Publish messages
Engage your audience and grow your following by regularly publishing messages. Save time by scheduling a single message to multiple social networks at once.
- Select the profiles that will post the message from the Social Profile Picker (top-left).
- Click Compose Message, enter your message in the compose box, and then click Send Now.
Step 5: Install apps
The Hootsuite App Directory is a library of free and premium (paid) third-party apps developed to extend the functionality of the Hootsuite dashboard.
- Select App Directory from the launch menu.
- Click Install App beside the app.
- Click Finish.
See Install Apps for more details.
Step 6: Download Hootlet
Step 7: Download Hootsuite mobile
Manage your social media on the go with the Hootsuite mobile apps for Android and iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. These can be downloaded from your device's app store.
Hootsuite is also available for mobile web at https://m.hootsuite.com.
Step 8 (Team Plan): Collaborate with team members
Invite team members, share social network access with them, and start collaborating. Check out our quick start guide for teams to learn how.
Bonus: Hootsuite Academy
Check out these free online courses to learn the best practices for setting up and using your dashboard.