Collaborate with your team on the go with the assignment and approval features available in the Hootsuite mobile app.
Twitter content can be assigned to team members. Get assignments or delegate on the go with assignment functionality on your android device. Assignments created within the mobile app sync with the dashboard in real-time, and vice versa.
Tip: At this time the consolidated inbox view of all assignments made/received is only visible in Hootsuite’s web dashboard.
To assign a Tweet
A yellow banner indicates assigned Tweets. Assign a Tweet and see the assigned status and recipient right away.
- In Streams , find a post you wish to use.
- Tap more , and then tap Assign to.
- Tap to select a team.
- Tap to assign to All Team Members or a specific team member.
- Optional: Tap Add note, and then enter notes or instructions.
- Tap Assign.
To reassign an assignment
- Tap more on the assigned tweet, and then tap Assign to.
- Tap the team name to re-assign to a different team, or select a new team member.
- Tap Assign.
- The banner on the tweet will update to show the re-assignment.
To resolve an assignment
A green banner indicates resolved assignments. Resolve an assignment and see the update right away.
- Tap more on the assigned tweet, and then tap Resolve.
- Optional: Tap Add note, and then enter a contextual note.
- Tap Resolve.
To reply to an assignment
Tweets with replies have blue banners. The Twitter profile must be added to a team via the web dashboard for reply banners to appear.
- Locate and tap the assigned message (yellow banner).
- Tap Write a comment (Twitter post) or reply (tweet).
- Enter a message, and then tap Send .
Business and Enterprise customers can view all pending posts in the Publisher for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram profiles. From here you can approve, edit or delete them.
All approval tiers are supported on mobile once the permissions are set up. All mobile approval rules and publishing permissions are set up in the Hootsuite web dashboard.
All the same social networks are supported on mobile for approvals, including Twitter and Facebook replies and comments. Multiple approval tiers are also supported on mobile.
Find Outbound posts pending approval in the Publisher section of the app under the Approvals tab.
- Require My Approval – View posts requiring approval, approve, reject, or edit posts before approving
- Pending Approval – View your posts awaiting approval, delete posts, or make edits.
- Rejected– View your posts that have been rejected by approvers. Tap a post to view notes from the approver. Delete posts, or make edits to re-send for approval.
If scheduled content is not approved before the scheduled time and date, the post will be moved into the Expired Approvals queue. This queue can be accessed from the Hootsuite web dashboard.
Approvers can enable app notifications for each social network they approve posts for. Tapping a push notification opens the post for you to review and approve.
Approvals for Twitter replies, private Twitter or Facebook messages, and comments are not supported at this time.
To approve, edit or delete a pending post
- Tap Publisher on the bottom of the Android app.
- Tap the Pending Approval tab.
- Tap the post.
- Tap Approve , Delete , or Edit to make edits and then send or schedule the post.
Take a look at assignments and approvals on iOs.