Craft posts on the go with the Hootsuite mobile app. Send posts to all your social networks from one place, or schedule them to publish later.
Publishing to the following social networks is supported on Android:
- Twitter profiles
- Instagram profiles Learn more
- Instagram business profiles
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook groups
- LinkedIn profiles
- LinkedIn Pages
In this article:
Compose the post
- Tap Compose in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap Write your message, and enter the text of the post.
- Tap Shrink Link to shorten any included links with the ow.ly link shortener.
Team, Business and Enterprise customers who have vanity URLs set up in their web dashboards (and have the permissions to use them) can select to shorten with a vanity URL instead.
Note that posts containing link previews must also contain text in the body of the post before they can be published.
- To mention a Twitter or Instagram user, or Facebook Page, enter their @username. A list of results to select from will populate for Twitter and Facebook. Enter an Instagram user's exact @username to publish a hyperlinked mention in Instagram.
Mentions in posts sent to more than one social network will only publish as hyperlinked mentions in the applicable social network. In the other social networks the mentions will be converted to plain text. Facebook Page mentions can only be published by other Facebook Pages.
Up to 4 images can be attached to each Twitter or Facebook post. Only 1 image can be published per Instagram or LinkedIn post. Twitter also supports 1 animated GIF per tweet. Animated GIFs posted to other social networks will appear as still images. If you're having trouble uploading an image, change the Image upload quality in the Hootsuite app Account & Settings.
- Tap Camera to take a new photo.
- Tap Browsephotos to attach an existing photo from your device, or tap Free Images or GIPHY to search for free stock images to include in your post.
Tap an image thumbnail to preview it.
- Facebook Pages: Select an album to post the photos to.
Publish a video
Publish videos to Twitter profiles, Instagram personal profiles, or Facebook Pages or groups. Direct video publishing for Instagram business profiles is only supported in the web dashboard at this time. Videos must be mp4 and can't exceed 40 frames per second. More video file requirements here
- Tap Browse photos and select an existing video from your device.
Facebook Pages: Tap the video thumbnail and then Edit to add a video category, or tap Change Thumbnail to select a different thumbnail option, or upload your own, and then tap Done in the top-right corner.
Videos published to Facebook appear as shares in the Page timeline, and are added to the video library of that Page.
Add your location to tweets
- Tap Add Location to append your current location (geotag) to Twitter posts. The icon will turn blue. Device location access must be enabled for the Hootsuite app.
Select a profile to post to
- Tap Post to and then select the social networks(s) to post your message to. Only one Twitter profile can be selected per post.
To auto-select profiles you use frequently, tap the pin to the right of the network for quick posting next time. Blue means pinned.
- Tap the arrowhead again to close.
Associate the post with a campaign (Enterprise)
Enterprise members have access to any campaigns created in their organization via the web dashboard. Associating a post with a specific campaign will automatically apply any campaign link tracking and tag presets to the post.
The content campaigns visible are dependent on the organization selected in your app Account & Settings. If you belong to more than one organization, ensure the correct one is selected to view specific content campaigns.
- Tap Campaigns at the top of the Compose screen.
- Select a campaign.
- Tap the X in the top-left corner to save and exit..
Send or schedule
When your post is ready to publish, tap NEXT in the top-right corner, and then tap:
- Send Now to publish right away;
- Custom Schedule to set a later date and time for the post to publish, and then tap OK; or
- Auto Schedule, to automatically schedule your post for an optimal time, based on your already scheduled content and AutoSchedule settings from the web dashboard.
After sending or scheduling a post, a results screen will display the post's status. When successful, you can tap to view your post natively in the social network, or view scheduled posts in the Planner.
When a message fails to send to one or more social networks, the reason for the failure will be displayed. Tap Edit Failed Posts and Try Again to fix the error and send or schedule the post again.
Tap the X in the top-left corner to close the posting results screen.