Are you experiencing unexpected behavior with the Hootsuite mobile app? Try each of these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
In this article:
Install the latest Hootsuite app update from Google Play
The latest version of the Hootsuite mobile app contains the most recent feature updates and bug fixes.
Note that the lowest officially supported version of the Android OS on the Hootsuite mobile app is 5.
How can you determine which version is running on your mobile device?
To check the mobile app version you are running
- Click the 3 dots on the top-right corner in the Hootsuite app.
- Click Version info.
- Find the Hootsuite app Version pop up. This indicates the Hootsuite app version on your mobile device.
Tip: You can alternatively find the Hootsuite app version by finding the app itself.
- Find the Hootsuite app icon in the home screen or app list of your mobile device.
- Press the icon and select App info.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Look for the app version. The numbers next to the version will indicate the version you are using. ie: Version 4.4.1
How can you determine which OS version you are currently running?
To check the OS version you are running
- Tap the Settings app on your mobile device.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap Software information.
- Look for the Android version. The number in this section will indicate the Android OS version you are using. ie: 9
Clear cache in the app settings
Clearing the cache in your app erases all cached items and clears any Hootsuite history from your device that might be interfering with the app working as expected. Messages failing to send are often fixed by clearing cache. This also re-syncs all your account data from Hootsuite.com.
- Tap Account .
- Tap the Settings tab.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap OK.
Uninstall and then reinstall the Hootsuite app
Removing and reinstalling apps is a common troubleshooting step to delete all data and start fresh to ensure the app is installed and works as expected. Loading issues, like a blank or black screen, are often fixed with these steps.
To uninstall the Hootsuite app
- Tap the Android device Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Locate and tap the Hootsuite app.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK.
Note: Uninstalling the Hootsuite app does not delete your account. See this article for details.
To install the Hootsuite app
- Tap the Play Store on your mobile device.
- Tap Search in the top-right corner, enter Hootsuite in the search field, and then tap Search.
- Tap Install on the Hootsuite app.
Once the app is reinstalled, re-enable notifications in the Hootsuite app and in your device settings.
If you have notifications enabled in the Hootsuite mobile app, but you aren’t receiving them, check for any device settings that might be blocking them.
- Ensure notifications for the app are enabled in your Android device Settings as well, in the following locations:
- Tap Notifications:
- Tap App Notifications, scroll to find Hootsuite, and ensure notifications are toggled on.
- Tap Advanced in the top-right corner, select the Hootsuite app, and ensure that Allow Notifications and Previews in pop-ups are enabled, and Hide on lock screen is disabled.
- Tap Applications:
- Tap Applications Manager, scroll to find Hootsuite, and ensure that notifications are Allowed.
- Tap Applications Manager, scroll to find Hootsuite, tap Data and Usage, and ensure that Allow Background Data is enabled.
- Tap Notifications:
- Do not disturb mode will block push notifications. Other energy-saving device settings or apps can also prevent notifications from being pushed out properly.
If you’re still not receiving notifications after checking your device settings, try resetting your notifications with the following steps:
- Turn off each notification in the Hootsuite mobile app. Tap each toggle to turn it off.
- Clear the cache in the app. Steps above
- Sign out of the Hootsuite app and then sign back in.
- Turn each notification back on. Tap each toggle to enable it.
If after completing these troubleshooting steps the app is still not working as expected, please contact us with the following information:
- your Hootsuite account email address;
- your device model and operating system version;
- whether your account was created using the Hootsuite website or the mobile app;
- the name of the social network experiencing issues or not receiving notifications;
- the actions that are resulting in the error or unexpected behaviour.