Hootsuite mobile offers in-app subscriptions for upgrades from a free account to the Professional plan. Upgrades begin with a 30-day free trial, and transition to a paid subscription at the end of the 30 days.
Hootsuite mobile subscriptions renew automatically each month or year. They are billed to your Apple ID account payment method at the beginning of each billing cycle.
To avoid unwanted charges, downgrade your Hootsuite mobile account to Free and cancel your payment subscription through the App Store at least 24 hours before your next billing date, or before your free trial expires.
Important: If your Hootsuite account was not upgraded via in-app mobile subscription, it must be downgraded or cancelled via the web dashboard. See how to downgrade on desktop. See how to cancel on desktop.
In this article:
To upgrade to a Professional plan
- Select Account .
- Select Current Plan: Free.
- Select Go Monthly, or Go Annual to select the billing subscription period that will begin automatically at the end of your free trial.
- Select Confirm to confirm the subscription with your Apple App Store account and associated payment method.
- Enter your Apple ID password and then select Sign In.
The upgrade will be reflected in your web dashboard as well.
Note: Payment receipts for your in-app subscription will be sent by Apple to your Apple ID account email address, which may be different from your Hootsuite account email address.
To downgrade to a Free plan and cancel your mobile subscription
- Select Account
- Select Current Plan: Professional.
- Select I understand, please downgrade.
- Select Take me to the App Store.
If you are not directed to the app store, follow these steps to cancel your subscription.
- Select Cancel Trial, or Cancel Subscription.
- Select Confirm.
The downgrade will be reflected in your web dashboard as well.
To cancel your Hootsuite account and mobile subscription
Important: Because in-app subscriptions are billed through the Apple App Store, your Hootsuite account and app subscription both have to be cancelled separately.
- First, cancel your mobile payment subscription with the Apple App Store to stop further charges.
- In your device Settings, select [Your Name] - Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID, and then select View Apple ID. You may be prompted to sign in.
- Select Subscriptions, and then select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- Select Confirm.
See Apple's help article for full steps
- Second, cancel your Hootsuite account via the web dashboard on desktop. Hootsuite accounts cannot be cancelled directly from the mobile app.
Mobile subscription billing
Subscriptions for the Hootsuite mobile app are paid to Apple, and are therefore subject to Apple’s Services Terms and Conditions. Hootsuite does not have visibility into purchases made through an app store, or access to information about those transactions.
If you experience an issue with any Apple purchases, please visit Apple Support. You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and password, and then you can select Report a Problem beside the app.
Changes to the billing information or payment method on file for your mobile subscription must also be made through Apple. See Apple's help article for instructions