Hootsuite mobile offers in-app subscriptions for upgrades to the Professional plan from Free. Upgrades begin with a 30-day free trial, and transition to a paid subscription at the end of the 30 days.
Hootsuite mobile subscriptions renew automatically each month or year. They are billed to your Apple ID account payment method at the beginning of each billing cycle.
To avoid further charges, downgrade your Hootsuite mobile account to Free and cancel your payment subscription through the App Store at least 24 hours before your next billing date, or before your free trial expires.
In this article:
To upgrade to a Professional plan
- Tap Account & Settings .
- Tap Current Plan: Free.
- Tap Go Monthly, or Go Annual to select the billing subscription period that will begin automatically at the end of your free trial.
- Tap Confirm to confirm the subscription with your Apple App Store account and associated payment method.
- Enter your Apple ID password and then tap Sign In.
The upgrade will be reflected in your web dashboard as well.
Note: Payment receipts for your in-app subscription will be sent by Apple to your Apple ID account email address, which may be different from your Hootsuite account email address.
To downgrade to a Free plan and cancel your mobile subscription
- Tap Account & Settings .
- Tap Current Plan: Professional.
- Tap I understand, please downgrade.
- Tap Take me to the App Store.
If you are not directed to the app store, follow these steps to cancel your subscription.
- Tap Cancel Trial, or Cancel Subscription.
- Tap to Confirm.
The downgrade will be reflected in your web dashboard as well.
To cancel your Hootsuite account and mobile subscription
Please note that because in-app subscriptions are billed through the Apple App Store, your Hootsuite account and app subscription both have to be cancelled separately.
- First, cancel your mobile payment subscription with the Apple App Store to stop further charges.
- In your device Settings, tap [Your Name] - Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, and then select View Apple ID. You may be prompted to sign in.
- Tap Subscriptions, and then select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
- Tap Confirm.
See full steps here
- Second, cancel your Hootsuite account via the web dashboard on desktop. Hootsuite accounts cannot be cancelled directly from the mobile app.
Mobile subscription billing
Subscriptions for the Hootsuite mobile app are paid to Apple, and are therefore subject to Apple’s Services Terms and Conditions. Hootsuite does not have visibility into purchases made through an app store, or access to information about those transactions.
If you experience an issue with any Apple purchases, please visit Apple Support. You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and password, and then you can click Report a Problem beside the app.
Changes to the billing information or payment method on file for your mobile subscription must also be made through Apple. See here for instructions