Manage assignments and approvals - iOS
Collaborate with your team on the go with the assignment and approval features available in the Hootsuite mobile app.
Plans: Business, Enterprise
Assign content from Twitter streams to teams or team members, to ensure efficient replies from the right people for each important conversation on Twitter.
Within Streams , the shared icon beside a Twitter stream indicates that the Twitter profile is part of your organization, therefore those tweets can be assigned.
Tweets assigned on mobile and on the Hootsuite web dashboard sync in real-time, so you can see all assigned posts in your mobile streams, and vice versa. A consolidated view of all assignments is also available in the Hootsuite web dashboard in Assignments .
Assignments in streams are indicated by a yellow banner. The banner will say 'Assigned to' or 'Replied to' if the assignee has already replied to the tweet and begun interacting. The Twitter profile must be added to a team via the web dashboard for reply banners to appear.
When assignments are resolved, they update with a green resolved banner.
Assign a tweet
- Select Streams .
- Select a Twitter stream with a shared icon.
- Select more on a tweet, and then select Assign.
- Select a team, and then select All Team Members or a specific team member.
- Optional: Select Add note, to enter any contextual notes or instructions.
- Select Assign.
Reassign an assignment
- Select more on an assigned tweet, and then select Assign.
- Select the team name to re-assign to a different team, or select a new team member.
- Select Assign.
The banner on the tweet will update to show the re-assignment.
Resolve an assignment
- Select more on the assigned tweet, and then select Resolve.
- Optional: Select Add note to enter a contextual note about the interaction.
- Select Resolve.
The banner on the tweet will update to show that it is resolved.
Approvals on mobile are based on the approval rules and publishing permissions set up in the Hootsuite web dashboard. All the same social accounts are supported on mobile for approvals, including Twitter and Facebook replies and comments. Multiple approval tiers are also supported on mobile.
Find all posts pending approval in the Publisher under the Approvals tab:
- Require My Approval (Approvers) – View posts requiring approval, approve, reject, or edit posts before approving (see below).
- Pending Approval (Authors) – View your posts awaiting approval, delete posts, or make edits.
- Rejected (Authors) – View posts that have been rejected by approvers. Select a post to view notes from the approver. Delete posts, or make edits to re-send for approval.
If scheduled content is not approved before the scheduled time and date, the post will be moved into the Expired Approvals queue, which can be accessed from the Hootsuite web dashboard.
Approvers can enable app notifications for each social account they approve posts for. Selecting a push notification opens the post for you to review and approve.
Approve, edit or reject a pending post
- Select Publisher .
- Select the Approvals tab.
- Select Require My Approval.
- Select a post requiring approval.
- Select Approve, Reject, or Edit in the top right, to make edits before approving the post.