Collaborate with your team on the go with the assignment and approval features available in the Hootsuite mobile app.
Assign content from Twitter streams to teams or team members, to ensure efficient replies from the right people for each important conversation on Twitter. Within Streams , the shared icon next to a Twitter stream indicates that the Twitter profile is part of your organization, and that those tweets can be assigned.
Tweets assigned on mobile and on the Hootsuite web dashboard sync in real-time, so you can see all assigned messages in your mobile streams, and vice versa, indicated by a yellow banner.
Blue reply banners tell you which tweets have been replied to. The Twitter profile must be added to a team via the web dashboard for reply banners to appear.
When assignments are resolved, they update with a green resolved banner.
A consolidated view of all assignments is available in the Hootsuite web dashboard.
To assign a tweet
- Tap the tweet.
- Tap more , and then tap Assign.
- Tap to select a team.
- Tap to assign to All Team Members or a specific team member.
- Optional: Tap Add note, and then enter notes or instructions.
- Tap Assign.
To reassign an assignment
- Tap more on the assigned tweet, and then tap Assign.
- Tap the team name to re-assign to a different team, or select a new team member.
- Tap Assign.
The banner on the tweet will update to show the re-assignment.
To resolve an assignment
- Tap more on the assigned tweet, and then tap Resolve.
- Optional: Tap Add note, and then enter a contextual note.
- Tap Resolve.
Approvals on mobile are based on the approval rules and publishing permissions set up in the Hootsuite web dashboard. All the same social networks are supported on mobile for approvals, including Twitter and Facebook replies and comments. Multiple approval tiers are also supported on mobile.
Outbound posts pending approval are found in the Publisher section of the app under the Approvals tab:
- Require My Approval (Approvers) – View posts requiring approval, approve, reject, or edit posts before approving (see below).
- Pending Approval (Authors) – View your posts awaiting approval, delete posts, or make edits.
- Rejected (Authors) – View posts that have been rejected by approvers. Tap a post to view notes from the approver. Delete posts, or make edits to re-send for approval.
If scheduled content is not approved before the scheduled time and date, the post will be moved into the Expired Approvals queue, which can be accessed from the Hootsuite web dashboard.
Approvers can enable app notifications for each social network they approve posts for. Tapping a push notification opens the post for you to review and approve.
To approve, edit or reject a pending post
- Tap Publisher .
- Tap the Approvals tab.
- Tap Require My Approval.
- Tap a post requiring approval.
- Tap Approve , Reject or Edit in the top-right corner, to make edits before approving the post.
Take a look at assignments and approvals on Android.