Craft posts on the go with the Hootsuite mobile app. Send posts to all your social networks from one place, or schedule them to publish later.
Publishing to the following social networks is supported on iOS:
- Twitter profiles
- Instagram profiles Learn more
- Instagram business profiles
- Facebook profiles
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook groups
- LinkedIn profiles
- LinkedIn Company Pages
In this article:
Compose the post
- Tap Compose .
- Tap Write your post, and enter the text of the post.
- Tap Shrink Link to shorten any included links with the ow.ly link shortener.
Team, Business and Enterprise customers who have vanity URLs set up in their web dashboards (and have the permissions to use them) can select to shorten with a vanity URL instead.
- To mention a Twitter or Instagram user, enter their @username. A list of results to select from will populate for Twitter. Enter an Instagram user's exact @username to publish a hyperlinked mention in Instagram.
Mentions in posts sent to more than one social network will only publish as hyperlinked mentions in Twitter or Instagram. In the other social networks the mentions will be converted to plain text.
Photo and camera access need to be enabled in your device settings for the Hootsuite app to take new photos while composing, or attaching existing ones from your device.
- Tap Camera to take a new photo.
- Tap Photo upload to attach an existing photo from your device, or, under your photos tap Free Images or GIPHY to search for free stock images to include in your post.
Tap an image thumbnail to preview it.
- Tap Edit with Enhance to edit an image with the Hootsuite Enhance app. Learn more
- Facebook Pages: Select an album to post the photos to.
Up to 4 images can be attached to each post. Hootsuite supports .jpg, .jpeg and .png files at a maximum size of 3MB for Twitter, and 5MB for other social networks. If you’re having trouble uploading an image, change the upload quality in your app settings to compress the file.
Twitter also supports 1 animated GIF per tweet. Animated GIFs posted to other social networks will appear as still images.
Publish a video
Publish videos to Twitter profiles, Instagram profiles, or Facebook Pages, profiles, or groups. Videos must be .mov and can't exceed 40 frames per second. More video file requirements here
- Tap Photo upload and select an existing video from your device.
Facebook Pages: Tap the video thumbnail and then tap Edit to add a title and video category, or tap Change thumbnail to select a different thumbnail option, or upload your own, and then tap Done in the top-right corner. The video title is visible in Facebook when the video is clicked on for viewing.
Videos published to Facebook appear as shares in the Page or profile timeline, and are added to the video library of that Page or profile. Videos published to groups are added to the video library of the associated Facebook profile.
Add your location to the post
- Tap Add Location to append your current location (geotag) to your post. The icon will turn blue.
Location access needs to be enabled in your device settings for the Hootsuite app.
Geotagging can be auto-enabled for every post in your app preferences.
Select a profile to post to
- Tap Post to and then select the social networks(s) to post your message to. Only one Twitter profile can be selected per post.
To auto-select profiles you use frequently, tap the pin to the right of the network for quick posting next time. Blue means pinned.
- Tap Done in the top-right corner.
Associate the post with a campaign (Enterprise)
Enterprise members have access to any campaigns created in their organization via the web dashboard. Associating a post with a specific campaign will automatically apply any campaign link tracking and tag presets to the post.
- Tap Campaign at the top of the Compose screen.
- Select a campaign.
- Tap Compose to save and exit.
Send or schedule
When your post is ready to publish, tap Next in the top-right corner, and then tap:
- Send Now to publish right away;
- Custom Schedule to set a later date and time for the post to publish, and then tap OK; or
- AutoSchedule, to automatically schedule your post for an optimal time, based on your already scheduled content and AutoSchedule settings from the web dashboard.
After sending or scheduling a post, a results screen will display the post’s status. When successful, you can tap to view your post natively in the social network, or view scheduled posts in the Publisher.
When a message fails to send to one or more social networks, the reason for the failure will display. Tap Edit Failed Posts and Try Again to fix the error and then send or schedule the post again.