Troubleshoot Hootsuite on iOS
Are you experiencing unexpected behavior with the Hootsuite mobile app? Try each of these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
In this article:
Install the latest Hootsuite app update from the app store
The latest version of the Hootsuite mobile app contains the most recent feature updates and bug fixes, and will quite often address any issues you're encountering.
Note that the lowest officially supported version of iOS on the Hootsuite mobile app is 11.
Check the version for the installed app
- In the Hootsuite app, select your account profile picture .
- Select the Settings tab.
- The version number is shown in the bottom right.
Check your OS version
- Select the Settings app on your mobile device.
- Select General.
- Select About.
- Look for a number next to the version. This is the iOs version on your mobile device.
Clear memory in the app settings
Clearing the memory in your Hootsuite app erases all cached items and clears any Hootsuite history from your device that might be interfering with the app working as expected.
- Select your account profile picture .
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Clear Memory.
Uninstall and then reinstall the Hootsuite app
Removing and reinstalling apps is a common troubleshooting step to delete all data and start fresh to ensure the app is installed and works as expected. Loading issues, like a blank or black screen, are often fixed with these steps.
Uninstall the Hootsuite app
- Touch-and-hold the Hootsuite App.
- Select Delete (x icon).
- Select Delete to confirm.
- Press the Home button on your device to exit delete mode.
Note: Uninstalling the Hootsuite app does not delete your Hootsuite account. See Manage your Hootsuite mobile subscription instead.
Install the Hootsuite app
- Select App Store on your mobile device.
- Select search (magnifying glass icon), enter Hootsuite in the search field, and then select Search.
- Select Install on the Hootsuite app.
- Select Open.
Important: Once the app is reinstalled, re-enable notifications in the Hootsuite app and in your device settings.
If you have notifications enabled in the Hootsuite mobile app, but you aren’t receiving them, check for any device settings that might be blocking them.
- Ensure notifications for the app are enabled in your device settings as well.
- Ensure notifications are not set to hidden on your lock screen.
- In your device Settings, select Notifications.
- Select Show Previews.
- Select Always.
- If Cellular Data is not enabled for the Hootsuite app, this could be affecting your notification delivery.
- Do not disturb mode will block push notifications. Other energy-saving device settings or apps can also prevent notifications from being pushed out properly.
If you’re still not receiving notifications after checking your device settings, try resetting your notifications with the following steps:
- Turn off each notification in the Hootsuite mobile app. Select each toggle to turn it off.
- Clear the message memory in the app. Steps above
- Sign out of the Hootsuite app and then sign back in.
- Turn each notification back on. Select each toggle to enable it.
If after completing these troubleshooting steps the app is still not working as expected, please contact our support team with the following information:
- your Hootsuite account email address;
- your device model and operating system version;
- whether your account was created using the Hootsuite website or the mobile app;
- the name of your social account experiencing issues or not receiving notifications;
- the actions that are resulting in the error or unexpected behaviour.