Hootsuite issues invoices for immediate settlement, based on the account's subscription and its term commitment. Services are purchased as subscriptions that are billed in advance on a monthly or yearly basis.
Find all your invoices, and review your billing history in detail, on the Billing page of your Hootsuite account. Billing history is available in the dashboard for all Hootsuite accounts that currently use, or have previously used, billable services.
Hootsuite invoices are emailed to the organization owner’s account email. To have a secondary email address also receive invoices for the account, add the email in the account settings. See Modify your invoices for details.
If you have a Hootsuite Enterprise account, you will need to contact your customer success manager to request an invoice.
Hootsuite invoices can be used for receipt purposes, as they include corresponding payment line items for each charge. The payment is either listed on the current invoice, if payment collection was successful when the invoice was issued, or reflected on the next invoice if payment was late.
To access and download invoices
- Sign in to your Hootsuite account, click your profile picture ( by default) in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and then select Account & Settings.
- Click the Billing tab, and then click View billing history.
- Click View Invoice to see your individual invoices in detail.
- To download an invoice, right-click on it, select Print, select the PDF menu, and then click Save as PDF!
Reading Hootsuite invoices
- Your account name and email is automatically added to every invoice. To add additional information to past and future invoices, such as a business address, tax numbers, or PO number, see Modify your invoices.
- Invoices are generated and billed in advance of the billing period they cover.
- Hootsuite’s tax numbers are listed at the bottom of every invoice.
- Invoice date, account number, invoice number, and amount paid are listed in the top-right corner of each invoice.
- Most invoices list a Balance Forward of $0.00, meaning that the prior billing period’s invoice was settled successfully.
- If the previous invoice was not settled successfully, that amount will be listed as the Balance Forward on the current invoice.
- If the previous invoice was settled successfully but the payment was late, the Balance Forward, and payment for that balance, will be listed on the current invoice.
- Each invoice lists separate line items for the new and renewing billable services for the current billing period, any applicable tax, receipt of payment for this invoice if successfully collected, and then the final total.
The final total will either say Amount Paid if payment was successful, or Amount Due, if payment collection was unsuccessful.
When an account is downgraded, a final invoice (or Settlement of Accounts) is automatically sent to the email address associated with the Hootsuite account.
It may appear that the account has been charged again, but the final invoice is generated to provide the account holder with:
- a record of any final transactions that may have occurred after the downgrade and within the last 30 days, such as late payments;
- and confirmation that the account has been settled and has a $0 balance.
Not seeing any billing history in your account? Please reach out to our support team.