Switch from a paid plan type to a free plan
You can change your Hootsuite trial or paid plan to a free plan. For more information on plan types, see Overview of Hootsuite plan types.
- Trials can be changed to free plans at any time.
- If you change a paid plan to a free plan, the change will take effect at the end of the current billing period. Note that changing from a paid plan to a free plan will result in the loss of paid plan features.
If your account is overdue or suspended, see Manage an overdue or suspended account.
Change to a free plan
- Go to My profile , and then select Manage my plan.
(Legacy Pro plan members, go to My profile , select Account settings, preferences, and billing, and then select Modify or upgrade plan.)
- Select Manage my Subscription, select Change my plan, and then select Downgrade in the Free section. You will have access to all of the paid plan features until the current billing period ends. Optionally, you may do either of the following:
- Start or stop automatically renewing your subscription - Your subscription is set to automatically renew if this feature is on. If you turn off automatic renewal and your subscription expires, you will be directed to the billing page when you log in to Hootsuite; here, you can re-enable your paid subscription or switch to a Free plan.
- Delete your Hootsuite account - You will lose access to Hootsuite (even if you are on a paid plan), and the email associated with the account will not be available for use with another Hootsuite account. Consider switching to a free plan for continued Hootsuite access. Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members - If you created an organization in your account, or you are a super admin, you must first delete the organization or change its ownership before deleting your account.
Note: If you upgraded to Professional through the mobile app, you need to change your plan type and cancel your mobile subscription through the mobile app as well. For more information, see the following articles: