Switch from a paid subscription to a free account
You can change your Hootsuite trial or paid plan to a Free plan. Trials can be changed at any time. If you change a paid plan to a free plan, the plan will take effect at the end of the current billing period. Changing from a paid plan to a free plan means the loss of features not available to the plan type you are changing to, including additional social accounts, and their scheduled content. For more information on plan types, see Overview of Hootsuite plan types.
If your account is overdue or suspended, see Manage an overdue or suspended account.
Change to a Free plan
- Sign in to Hootsuite.
- Select My profile , and then select Account settings, preferences, and billing.
- Select Modify or Upgrade Plan.
- Select one of the following options:
- Change my plan - Upgrade or downgrade your plan.
- Cancel my subscription - Cancel your paid subscription and return to the Free plan.
- Delete my account - Delete your Hootsuite account.
If you upgraded to Professional through the mobile app, you need to change your plan type and cancel your mobile subscription through the mobile app as well. For more information, see the following articles: