Copyright is the ownership of an intellectual property as defined by a nation's or international law.
Copyright infringement is when that intellectual property is used, reproduced or violated based on the terms defined by a nation's or international law.
If you are unsure if you are a copyright holder, please consult an attorney. Hootsuite Media Inc. does not provide legal advice.
Reporting copyright infringements
If you believe that your copyright (or the copyright of someone you are authorized to represent) has been infringed by a Hootsuite, or an ow.ly user, please submit a notice of claimed copyright infringement to our designated copyright agent by the following means:
Designated Copyright Agent c/o Legal Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Copyright Agent c/o Legal Services
c/o Hootsuite Media, Inc.
5 East 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 1R6
Your notice must include all the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will suffice if you are submitting by email) of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a link to your original work, or a clear description of the user content allegedly being infringed upon);
- Identification of the allegedly infringing user content and information reasonably sufficient to permit Hootsuite to locate the User Content on our website or Services. This should generally be in the form of an ow.ly URL;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the User Content in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that the information provided in the complaint may be forwarded to the Hootsuite user responsible for the allegedly infringing activity.