The following apps are noted as having known issues that may not be resolved in the near future. If you encounter an issue not listed, please reach out to our support team.
- To ensure your BBM Channels is secure, other Hootsuite users connected with your BlackBerry ID will be disconnected from your BBM Channels stream.
- If your channel displays "Unable to retrieve data. Try Again", remove the app stream and then re-add it from the app settings.
- The favorite icon does not turn yellow when you favorite an image.
- Clicking on the image in the user bio popup loads Hootsuite in a new browser tab.
- When sending Facebook posts to Flipboard, the app will only send URLs contained within the posts. If there is no URL, the app will display the following message: "Sorry! This content cannot be added to Flipboard."
- The plugin cannot be authenticated from Internet Explorer. Use a different browser.
- If left for long periods of time, the app may redirect to http://kontestapp.com. Refresh your browser to load the app properly.
- Users must link their Twitter profile and import their contacts to their Nimble profile in order to be able to add Twitter contacts from the Hootsuite dashboard.
- Users on Internet Explorer 11 cannot get past the login screen. Use a different browser to access the app.
RSS Auto Publisher
- If the app is only posting the link to an article and not including the post title, pausing and restarting the feed has been found to resolve the issue.
- The StumbleUpon API currently only returns a limited number of results per call (approx: 15 to 40).
Talkwalker Free News Alerts
- The app is not currently optimized for the Safari browser. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.
- In-stream thumbnails for image search results from certain sources (Tumblr) are not the same as the original image.
- Due to an API restriction, a maximum of 50 notes (likes, reblogs) per Tumblr post is viewable in the dashboard. To view all notes, click the timestamp link under the post's title and view the post in your browser.
- The Smart News Feed can return inconsistent or no data due to API at Viadeo.
- If a user changes their language preference on the Viadeo website, the Smart News posts may disappear from the app.
- Due to a VK API limitation, user authentication expires after approximately 24 hours, requiring users to sign in to the app again.
- If you encounter the message: "Error: Could not find your blog” when attempting to connect your WordPress.org site, try addressing the following:
- Ensure your WordPress.org site is running the latest version of WordPress and that all updates are run.
- Special characters in a password have been found to cause login errors. We suggest changing your password to one with only letters and numbers.
- Use the URL of your blog’s landing page. For example: http://blog.hootsuite.com/. Try with and without "http://"
- Third-party plugins such as Bad Behaviour, Block Bad Queries, Better WP Security, or Login Lock have been found to cause issues signing in or connecting to the app.
- Some users are encountering issues with the stream displaying “No More” for Published Pages and Published Posts. We have found that blogs with 'W3 Total Cache' installed, or blogs with a large number of posts, may be causing the app stream to load blank.
- For an overview of the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, click here.
- Due to API issues at XING, the My Network Activities stream does not post updates from groups.
- When connecting to the Zendesk app, enter only the company name in the subdomain field. Entering the whole subdomain will cause an invalid error. For example, enter Hootsuite, instead of Hootsuite.zendesk.com.