When more than one social network has been selected from your Social Profile Picker, your message will be published to all of those social networks.
If one profile is selected but messages are posting multiple times or to multiple accounts, it could be because your Twitter and Facebook accounts are linked. Linked accounts will automatically post to each other.
You can tell if the accounts are linked by looking at the duplicate post in your Hootsuite dashboard. Duplicate tweets will show via Facebook next to the timestamp, and duplicate Facebook posts will show via @Twitterhandle at the end of the post.
To unlink your Facebook account from Twitter
- Log into your Twitter.com account.
- Click your Twitter profile image in the top-right corner, and then select Settings.
- Select Apps from the list on the left.
- Click Disconnect beside Facebook Connect.
To unlink your Twitter account from Facebook
- Log into www.facebook.com/twitter with your Facebook credentials.
- Under your name and Linked to Twitter, click Unlink from Twitter.