Hootsuite Business and Enterprise users can add tags to outgoing posts from the Composer, and to inbound posts in streams. Tags help you track the success of your published content with Hootsuite Analytics. Tags are not publicly visible on your posts.
Plans: Business and Enterprise only
The steps in this article apply to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
To add a tag to an outgoing post in the Composer
- Scroll to the bottom of the Composer, and select Edit to the right of Tags.
- Select Add Tag , and then select the tag(s) to add to your post.
- Select Add Tags.
For more information, see Create and publish posts.
Organization admins can select Manage Tags to create new tags and manage existing ones in the tag library.
To create a new tag
Those with super admin, admin or custom organization permissions to ‘Manage Message Tags’ can create new tags for organization members to use.
- In the compose message box, select Add tags to the message .
- Select an organization from the drop-down menu (if you belong to more than one).
- Select Enter a tag, enter a new tag name, and then select Create tag "tag name".
- Or, select Manage Message Tags to create new tags and manage existing ones in the tag library.