Mute other Twitter users to hide their Tweets from your streams without unfollowing them. Muted users will not know you have muted them.
Block users so that they can't follow, view or interact with your account. Their Tweets will not appear in your streams, and you will no longer be able to follow a blocked user.
Finally, you can report a Twitter account to Twitter if you think they are in violation of Twitter’s rules or terms of service. This doesn’t remove their Tweets from your streams.
Unmuting or unblocking someone can be done from Twitter natively.
To mute, block, or report a Twitter user
- Select Streams from the launch menu.
- Click the tab hosting the Twitter stream.
- Click the user's avatar or username, and then scroll to the bottom of their profile.
- Click Mute, Block, or Report.
- Click OK to confirm.
To unmute or unblock a Twitter user
- Sign into Twitter.com.
- Enter their username into the search field, and then select their user profile.
- Click Unmute , or click Blocked to unblock.
- Optional: For unblocked users, click Follow to begin or resume following them.