Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members can assign posts or comments that appear in Stream to themselves, or to teams or team members. Assigning posts helps ensure comprehensive and efficient replying across your organization’s social networks. You manage assignments from the Assignments section of the Hootsuite dashboard.
Plans: Team, Business, Enterprise*
*Enterprise can use Hootsuite’s automation tool to automatically assign posts with keyword-based rules.
The steps in this article apply to:
- Facebook posts, comments, and private messages
- App assignments
If you’re not sure whether to use Inbox or Assignments, see Overview: Decide when to use Inbox and Assignments.
Important: Before a message can be assigned to a team, you and the social network must be added to that team, unless you are part of a social organization (Enterprise).
To assign a message to a team or team member or yourself
- Go to Streams and select the tab hosting the stream.
- Select Assign To below the message.
- Enter the name of the team or individual assignee, or select Assign To Me. Suggestions appear based on the first letter of the first or last name.
Note: Assignees will populate more than once if they belong to more than one team.
- Optional: Enter a note to the assignee. Notes can be seen by all team members.
- Select Assign.
Tip: In the Search field, use your keyboard up and down arrows to search through the teams available for assignment.
To change the default team for your self-assignments
- Select Assign To below a message you want to assign to yourself.
- Enter your name in the search field, and select yourself in the team you want to set as default for self-assignments.
- Select the Set as default 'Assign To Self' box.
- Select Assign.
Note: To add notes to self-assignments, select yourself using Assign To instead of Assign To Me.
To confirm that a post or comment has been assigned
- When a post or comment is assigned, the assignee receives an email notification, and a banner displays the name of the assignee and assigner at the top of the post or comment.
Who can send an assignment to a team?
Any member of a team can send an assignment to their team or individual teammates. Assigning to a team assigns the message to every member of the team. Team members can also assign to another team in their organization if the organization is enabled as a Social Organization.
Note: Deleting a team deletes all associated assignments and in-stream assignment banners. Individual assignments cannot be deleted.