How can I tell if I have a Google+ page?
A Google+ page will be available from your Google+ account if you have previously created one. If you don’t have a Google+ page, and attempt to add one, you will see the following error message: "Oops! It appears that you do not have any Google+ Pages to add at this time.”
To verify if you have a Google+ page
- Sign in to Google+ (https://plus.google.com/).
- Hover your mouse over "Home" in the upper-left corner, and then select Pages.
An available Page means you have a Google+ Page. Otherwise you will need to Create a Page.
Need to claim ownership of your Google+ page? Learn more
What’s the difference between a Google+ page and a profile?
Google+ pages and profiles have several differences. The main difference is that profiles are for individual use and are managed through one account; and pages are for companies or organizations, and can have up to 50 account managers.
Which social networks does Hootsuite support?
Hootsuite offers support for:
- Twitter profiles.
- Facebook profiles, Pages and groups.
- Google+ Pages and profiles.
- LinkedIn profiles and companies.
- WordPress blogs.
- Instagram personal and business profiles.
- YouTube channels.
- Pinterest profiles.
We also have over a hundred partner apps and integrations available in our App Directory. You can install these in your dashboard to extend Hootsuite's functionality and customize your experience.
How does reconnecting social networks work?
When a social network becomes disconnected, the pop-up notification that appears in the Hootsuite dashboard will display a Reconnect option to any Hootsuite user with permissions to reconnect. That user also needs native social network credentials (username and password) to complete the step successfully.
The notification also displays the name of the last Hootsuite user to successfully complete the reconnect process.
Hootsuite uses cascading authentication, so that all pages, profiles and groups associated with the same native social network account can be reconnected at the same time (avoiding the need for individual authentication).
So while a user may not have permissions in Hootsuite to reconnect every page or profile, if they have permissions for one of them, the authentication will cascade and reconnect all the pages and profiles associated with the same native social network credentials.
- Facebook Groups can only be reconnected with the credentials that were initially used to add the group to Hootsuite.
- Hootsuite connects automatically to any open social network windows in your browser, so make sure you aren’t signed into any social networks natively, or reconnect in an incognito browser window to ensure you are reconnecting with the correct account credentials.
What’s the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org?
WordPress.com is hosted and maintained for you. It can be added to your Hootsuite dashboard as a social network.
WordPress.org is self-hosted, and requires you to have the technical knowledge to setup, run and maintain. It can be added to your Hootsuite dashboard as an app, and must be XML-RPC enabled to function properly.
See Add a WordPress blog for more details.
I have updated my social network password. How do I ensure my Hootsuite accounts are secure?
If you have recently updated your login credentials in the native social network, the original authentication token between the network and Hootsuite will be revoked (could take 24-48 hours to disconnect from Hootsuite), requiring you to reconnect the account with your login credentials to the Hootsuite dashboard.
The exception to this is Twitter.com, which does not automatically break the connection to Hootsuite when you change your password unless you opt to when you see the following message:
Click Review applications, and then click Revoke access next to Hootsuite.
You can revoke Hootsuite access to your social networks at any time.
How can I tell if my Google account has a YouTube channel?
YouTube channels are owned by Google accounts or Google+ pages, so to manage a YouTube channel in Hootsuite, connect the Google account that owns your YouTube channel.
To verify if you have a YouTube channel
- Open www.youtube.com and click Sign in in the top-right corner.
- Click your profile picture in the top-right corner, and then click YouTube settings .
- Beside your account Name, you will see Create a channel if you don’t have one yet.