Social networks can only be connected to one Hootsuite account at a time. If you try to add a social network that has already been connected to another Hootsuite account, you will need to reclaim ownership of the social network.
Note that social networks owned by Hootsuite organizations cannot be reclaimed. Learn more
To reclaim ownership of a social network
- Select your profile image from the top of the launch menu.
- Under Private Social Networks, click Add a Social Network.
- Organization members: Click Select Destination, and then select the organization to add the social network to, or select Private Social Networks.
- Select the social network from the list, and then click Connect.
- Enter your username and password, and then click Authorize app. A pop-up will appear telling you who currently owns the social network.
- Optional: Check the first box to create a new tab in your dashboard populated with streams for the social network.
- Optional: Check the second box to delete all scheduled messages for the social network. Leaving the box unchecked will conserve scheduled messages by default.
Deleted scheduled messages cannot be recovered! You can always review and delete them later.
- To take ownership of the social network, click Yes.
Unable to Add
Social networks owned by an organization can’t be reclaimed or connected to another Hootsuite dashboard.
Are you a team member of the organization?
Team members with access to an organization’s social networks do not need to add them to their own dashboards!
Click the social profile picker in the top-left corner of the dashboard to see the social networks you have access to. You can move right into adding streams for these social networks, or publishing messages to them.
Alternatively, click your profile picture (or owly ) in the top-left corner of the launch menu. Click Social networks under an organization’s name to view those accessible to team members. Your Private social networks for personal use appear at the bottom of the dashboard.
If you are not a member of the organization that owns the social network, contact the organization owner to have them remove the social network from the organization for you. Then you will be able to add it to your dashboard. For further assistance, please reach out to our support team.