Are you seeing unauthorized posts to your accounts?
If you suspect the security of your Hootsuite account has been breached or compromised, here are some things to check before reporting the incident to us:
- Did anyone else used to have or still have access to your various social network accounts?
Change your individual social network passwords natively (in Twitter or Facebook, for example).
- Did someone else used to have access to your Hootsuite account that shouldn’t anymore?
- Are there other Hootsuite organization members who own or have access to the same social network accounts that you have?
Check for organizations by clicking your profile image at the top of the launch
menu, then click Social Networks under the organization name.
- Do you have an RSS feed connected to your account that perhaps you’ve forgotten about? If there was no new content to post, the RSS feed may have been dormant for a while.
Check for RSS feeds by clicking Settings on the launch menu, and then
Report a Security Concern
Report security concerns here using the drop-down at the top of the page. Please include any related links or examples of the security concern.
What to Report
- Unauthorized posts to your social networks.
- Phishing attempts (requests or attempts to gain access to your accounts or reset your account credentials).
These can be unrelated to social media (e.g. pretending to be a bank or app store asking for your credentials)
- Abusive ow.ly/owl.li/ht.ly/htl.li links sent to you (that may or may not have been clicked).
What Not to Report
- If the abuse is specific to one of your social network accounts (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), the incident needs to be reported directly to them.
- You have forgotten your Hootsuite account email or password. Please contact our customer support team at @Hootsuite_Help to recover your account information.
- You created your account with an email you can no longer access. Please contact our customer support team at @Hootsuite_Help to recover your account information.
What You Can Do
- Change your social network passwords.
- Change your Hootsuite account password.
- Revoke Hootsuite access to the affected social network.
- Avoid clicking on any links sent by people unfamiliar to you.