Customize Signals (Legacy)
Customize the content in your Signals. Four types of Signals are collected from each of your streams: Influencers, Mentions, Spikes and Top Stories. You can choose to turn any of these off from the stream.
- Select a stream from the side navigation menu.
- Click Configure beside the stream name, and then select Signals Settings.
- Click ON or OFF beside the signals you want to collect/stop collecting, and then click Save stream settings.
Tip: Click the arrow beside Save stream settings to save those signal settings for all the streams in that folder.
You may find that Signals occasionally picks up mentions you don't find useful. Remove these individually from your Signals stream and data.
Mark a signal as irrelevant
- In your signals stream, hover over a mention, and then click Configure .
- Click Mark Signal as Irrelevant.
- Click Yes, delete.
Signals marked as irrelevant are sent to the tech team for review. The Hootsuite Insights team will improve our algorithms based on this feedback.
Tip: Consider optimizing your stream keywords and filters to be more relevant if too many of your signals are irrelevant.