Article updated: October 24, 2023
Add a WhatsApp account to Inbox 2.0
If you're new to Hootsuite, you can add a WhatsApp account to Inbox 2.0. When you add a WhatsApp account, your team will be able to receive and respond to WhatsApp messages alongside your other social media accounts.
Plans: This feature is available to new Business or Enterprise plan Inbox 2.0 admins. If you're an existing Inbox 2.0 Business or Enterprise customer, please reach out to your customer account manager to add your WhatsApp account.
To add social accounts to Hootsuite organizations, you need super admin, admin, or custom Add Social Networks permissions for your Hootsuite organization. To find out more, see Manage your organization's social accounts.
In order to connect WhatsApp to Inbox 2.0, you must have a verified business account and administrator access in Meta Business Manager. If you need to create a business account or verify your business account, see the following Meta help articles:
If you are unable to verify your account, see the Troubleshooting section of this article.
Add a WhatsApp account
- Create a WhatsApp Business Platform account in Meta Business manager.
- If your phone number is connected to a personal WhatsApp account or the SMB WhatsApp business app, you'll need to disconnect that phone number from that app before connecting it here. You'll be asked to verify your account and it may take up to 3 minutes for the disconnected account to become available. See the Meta help Migrate an Existing WhatsApp Number to a Business Account.
- Connect your phone number to your WhatsApp account.
- In Hootsuite, go to My profile , and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Select Manage beside your organization name, and then select Add a social network.
- Select WhatsApp Business.
- Sign in with your Meta Business Manager administrator credentials.
- Follow the steps to select the businesses, Pages, Instagram, and WhatsApp accounts you want to add to Hootsuite.To ensure access to WhatsApp, select all your applicable accounts - even if you've already connected them to Hootsuite.
Having trouble verifying your account? See the Meta article Troubleshoot why your business can't be verified. If you are still unable to verify your business, you may have to register as a Meta developer and create a Meta app before you can verify your business. To do this, see the Meta for developers WhatsApp Business Platform Get started Cloud API article.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help