Article updated: November 10, 2021
Add a Twitter account
Add a Twitter account to Hootsuite to manage publishing to your profile along with your other social content. You can also manage engagement on your tweets in Hootsuite Streams, manage direct messages in Hootsuite Inbox, and report on all of your activity with Hootsuite Analytics.
Super admins, admins, and those with custom organization permissions to Add Social Networks can add social accounts to organizations.
Add a Twitter profile
- In a separate browser tab or window, log out of Twitter.
- In Hootsuite, go to My profile, and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Select + Private account.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members in a Hootsuite organization - Select Manage beside the org name, and then select Add a social network.
- Select Twitter.
- Enter the Twitter account credentials and then select Sign In.
Note: When you add social accounts on mobile, they are added to your private accounts. To add social accounts to an organization, use the web version of Hootsuite.
- Select your profile picture to manage your account.
- Select Social accounts.
- Select the plus icon +, and then select Twitter.
- Enter the Twitter account credentials, and then select Sign In.
Note: If you have access to Hootsuite Impact, you'll need to add your social accounts to Impact too. See Connect a social account or ad account to Impact.