Article updated: August 11, 2023
Add a Twitter account
Add a Twitter profile to Hootsuite to manage it from the same place as your other social media accounts. When you add a Twitter account to Hootsuite, you can publish to it, engage with your audience, create reports, and more.
Super admins, admins, and those with custom organization permissions to Add Social Networks can add social accounts to organizations.
Add a Twitter profile
- In a separate browser tab or window, log out of Twitter.
- In Hootsuite, go to My profile, and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Professional plans: Select + Private account.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plans: Select Manage beside your organization name, and then select Add a social network.
- Select Twitter.
- Enter the Twitter account credentials (username and password) and then select Sign In.
Using a Google or Apple sign-in is not supported when connecting to Hootsuite. You'll need to generate a password by going to the Twitter login page and selecting Forgot password.
Note: When you add social accounts on mobile, they are added to your private accounts. To add social accounts to an organization, use the web version of Hootsuite.
- Select your profile picture to manage your account.
- Select Social accounts.
- Select the plus icon +, and then select Twitter.
- Enter the Twitter account credentials, and then select Sign In.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help