Article updated: May 09, 2022
Review your overall post performance
Use the Post performance view to see how your audience engaged with your posts. The Post performance view displays key metrics for up to 100 of your most recently published posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post performance data for dates as early Oct 2, 2017.
Plans: This feature is available to all Professional, Team, Business, and Enterprise customers. It's also available to Legacy Pro customers with the Reports upgrade.
Open the Post performance view
- Go to Analytics.
- Select Post performance.
Review results for your posts
The Post performance view displays a time stamp, thumbnail image, caption, author, outbound tags, and performance metrics for each post.
Select a social network, and then select the social accounts you want to view. You can also search for and select accounts you want to display.
Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days will continue to update as you work.
Explore the following available options in the Post performance view:
- Open the original post - Select the time stamp link to open that post in the associated social network.
- Show results during a date range - Open the date picker to select the time frame you want to analyze, and then select Set.
- Choose the metrics you want to analyze - Select Edit columns to customize the columns displayed and select which metrics you want to view or remove from your view.
- Authors (people who published posts) are only displayed if that author published through Hootsuite.
- The Facebook Hot post metric identifies high-performing content at a glance. It looks at average engagement rates for content on each Page. It then uses a standard deviation to flag posts with high engagement rates. Once a post is flagged as "hot," that status does not change. See also Boost a Facebook post.
- Filter posts - Select Filter to filter your posts by tag or campaign (see Add tags to track inbound posts).
- Sort - Select a column heading to sort results in ascending or descending order and find your top-performing posts. When you sort, you get to view the top 100 metrics for all of your published posts in the selected time frame.
- Export to PDF, XLSX, or CSV - Professional and Legacy pro plan customers can export this view to PDF. Business or Enterprise plan members can also export it to XLSX and CSV. Select an option from the Export list. Learn how to export an Analytics report.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help