Article updated: November 26, 2021
View LinkedIn engagement in Impact
Use Audience discovery to gain actionable insights into LinkedIn audience engagement. This customizable report displays anonymous engagement data from across LinkedIn.
Plans: You must be an Enterprise plan member with Impact to access this feature.
You can explore LinkedIn audience segments to understand the types of content that generate the most engagement. You can also review topics relevant to your brand to uncover audiences that engage with that content.
To access Audience discovery data, you may need to re-authenticate your LinkedIn Page and LinkedIn Ads accounts in Hootsuite Impact. To do this:
- Go to My other products , and then select Go to Impact. Hootsuite Impact opens in a new tab.
- Select Connections.
- Select Add New Connection.
- Select LinkedIn, then select Authorize + Connect LinkedIn.
- Follow the prompts to authorize the connection with Hootsuite Impact.
The Audience discovery view displays LinkedIn audience engagement data as a percentage of the total. This view also includes impressions, engagement, activity over time, gender, and age range. Audience discovery displays 14 days of data.
- Open Hootsuite and go to Analytics.
- If the Analytics list is not visible, expand the navigation , and then select Audience discovery.
Filter your audience
Use an audience filter to narrow in on and analyze a specific target audience. You can save and re-use audiences.
- Select Filter.
- Include or exclude filters to define your audience, then select Apply filters. You can filter by your own domain (for example, hootsuite.com) or by a specific URL to identify the audience that currently engages with that content.
Note: You need to select at least one filter to display data in the Audience discovery view. Filtered audiences also need to result in a minimum amount of unique users, otherwise No Data will be displayed.
Save an audience filter
- Select Filter, and then include or exclude filters to define your audience.
- At the bottom of the Filter audience box, select Save audience.
- Enter an audience name and select Save.
Use a saved audience filter
- Select Filter, then select Load a saved audience.
- Select your audience, then select Load.
Delete a saved audience filter
- Select Filter , then select Load a saved audience.
- Select your audience, then select Delete .
View the top 25 trending posts
The Top 25 trending posts displays the articles that your audience engaged with the most. Trending posts also display their engagement, impressions, unique viewers, and unique actors. Select an article to open it on Linkedln.
Select Sort by to display the top most engaging articles.