Article updated: September 16, 2021
Create a Pinterest Pin
You can create, publish, and manage your Pinterest content with Hootsuite. When you create a Pin, you can do the following:
- Attach an image.
- Edit and apply filters to your images.
- Add and link your Pin to a website URL.
- Publish your Pin to public or secret boards across one or more Pinterest accounts.
- Publish your Pin right away or schedule it for a specific day and time.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members can grant different social network permissions to each team member. To learn more, see Overview of teams and organizations.
Note: You can only publish and schedule Pins to Pinterest using the desktop version of Hootsuite.
Before you begin
- Make sure you’ve already added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite. For more information, see Add a Pinterest account
- There must be at least one board in your Pinterest account.
Create a Pin
- Point to Create new post , and then select Pin.
- In the Pin to box, select a Pinterest board or type a keyword to search for a board.
You can also select Create new board to add a new board to your Pinterest accounts.Note: Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members can select a Hootsuite organization.Tip: If you see the message "You haven't connected any Pinterest accounts yet" but you have added a Pinterest account to Hootsuite, it means that there aren't any boards in your account. You must have at least one board in your Pinterest account.
- Add an image or a GIF to your Pin using one of the following options:
- Add files in the Image box.
- Select Open media library, and then select Free Images or GIPHY. Choose a media file and then select Close media library.
- Business and Enterprise plan members- Select Open media library, and then select Content Library Images to select an image from your pre-approved media files.Note: The maximum file size for uploaded images is 5MB. You can attach one image per Pin. Videos are not supported.
- To edit an image, select Edit image. For more information on using the photo editor, see Work with images.
- Add the website URL that the Pin links to. Pinterest requires a full, valid website link, so shortened URLs are not supported.
- In the Description box, enter a description for your Pin and (optionally) add emoji (see also Add more inclusive emoji).
- The character count is displayed as you compose your Pin.
- Select the smiley face in the bottom left to add emoji.
Preview, schedule, and publish your Pin
When you’re finished creating your Pin, review it in the preview pane on the right to see how it will look on your Pinterest board (to learn more, see Preview a post). If the composer detects any issues, you'll be alerted with a contextual error. When you're ready, you can choose from the following publishing options:
- To publish the pin right away, select Post now. If it is published successfully, Hootsuite displays a confirmation message at the top of the screen.
- To schedule your pin, select Schedule for later, and then select a date and time to publish the pin. Select Done, and then select Schedule.
Note: Pins that are published immediately (not scheduled) are not visible in Planner.
If you want to create, publish, or schedule another pin, select the arrow next to Post now (or Schedule), and then select one of the following options:
- Select Post and reuse accounts (or Schedule and reuse accounts) if you want to publish or schedule your pin and create another one immediately after. Hootsuite resets all fields except the selected Pinterest accounts so you can begin creating your next post.
- Select Post and duplicate (or Schedule and duplicate) if you want to publish or schedule your pin and then retain it to edit and create a new, similar pin, with a unique post ID. All elements of the previous pin are retained.
Note: At this time, Pinterest analytics are only supported in Hootsuite Impact — available as an add-on to Business and Enterprise plans.