Article updated: September 13, 2021
Manage Amplify users and roles
You must be a super admin or admin of the Hootsuite organization to add or remove users from an Amplify organization. Teams created in Hootsuite are available in Amplify. See Add a member to an organization or team.
Add members to your Amplify team
After you've created topics, assigned users, and curated and published content, you'll want to add members to your Amplify content team. Use teams with Amplify to easily determine which content is shared with which people. You can create multiple teams to further customize who your content is shared with.
- Go to My Profile , and then select Manage accounts and teams.
- Choose Teams under the desired admin role.
- Select Add a member, and then type the name in the search bar to find the person.
- Select +Add new Member to add the person to your team.
After you've added someone to your team, change their permissions (under their name) to edit what they can do in Amplify. See Assign permissions (Business and Enterprise plans) for instruction.
New Amplify users on your team receive an email invitation to download the Amplify app, create an account, and begin sharing content. They are not required to create a Hootsuite account.
About Amplify content management roles
The following roles are available for members who will be managing content for their organization through Hootsuite:
Content admin - Can manage topics, publish and schedule content to any topic, and subscribe users to topics. To learn more, see Use topics to categorize Amplify content and Publish Amplify content from Drafts or the content library.
Publisher - Can publish content to the topics they are assigned. They will only see the draft, scheduled, and posted content for the topics they have access to.
Contributor - Can publish content to the topics they are assigned, but their posts must first be approved. Content admins can approve posts for all topics, and Publishers can approve posts for their assigned topics.
Contributors select Get Approved instead of Post when submitting content. The post remains in the Drafts queue pending approval. Approvers see a notification in-stream when a post requires approval. Approvers can:
- Review the post, make edits as necessary, and then select Post, or
- Select Reject, enter a note for the Contributor, and then select Reject again. The post is returned with the note to the Contributor’s draft queue
Assign content management roles
- Select More on the top-right of your Amplify stream, and then select Members & Teams. This opens a list of all members in your organization.
- Select a user’s name from the member list.
- Check Content Admin under their name, and then select Continue, or scroll down and select Topic Subscriptions.
- Subscribe the user to one or more topics.
- Next to the topic, select the Publisher or Contributor role from the list. Subscribers are users who only have access to the Amplify app.