Article updated: August 15, 2022
Connect your Google Ads account to Ads
You can create, publish, and manage your Google Ads campaigns in Hootsuite Ads. After you connect a Google Ads ad account, you can import existing Search, Display, and Shopping campaigns, and track their performance.
As a Hootsuite Ads customer, you can connect one Google account (email address) to Hootsuite Ads. Hootsuite then imports any Google Ads accounts associated with that email address so you can manage them in Hootsuite Ads.
You can use Google Ads manager accounts to group other ad accounts together and manage them all from one place. You can associate up to 20 ad accounts (including Google Ads manager accounts) with a single Google email address, and manage them in Hootsuite Ads.
Connect your Google Ads account
- When you sign in to Hootsuite Ads for the first time, Hootsuite prompts you to connect your ad accounts. Select Connect Google Ads.
- If you are not already signed in to Google, enter your Google login credentials (email and password).
- Select Allow in the pop-up window to give Hootsuite the required permission to manage your Google Ads campaigns.
Hootsuite starts importing your Google Ads Search, Display, and Shopping ad campaigns. This process can take up to 30 minutes. When the import is complete, Hootsuite displays your Google Ads campaigns in the main campaign list.
Disconnect your Google Ads account
Important: When you disconnect a Google account from Hootsuite Ads, Google's access token is also revoked for data sync. Any active Google data syncs stop working. You must add Google Sheets to your data sync again.
- Select Settings .
- Select the Google Ads Ad Accounts tab.
- Select Disconnect your Google account.
- Select Disconnect to confirm that you want to disconnect your Google account.
Hootsuite removes the Google account from Hootsuite Ads, including all of the data associated with the account. This action does not remove any data in Google.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help