Article updated: October 21, 2021
View an Analytics report
Use the built-in reports in Hootsuite Analytics to review and share the most important metrics for your social accounts. Depending on your plan type, you can view and share reports for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Impact, Amplify, Insights, Team, and Ow.ly traffic. You can also view and share a mixed overview report that displays a combined view of all four social networks. Customers with Team, Business, and Enterprise plans can create more business-specific custom reports to view specific metrics.
Plans: Professional and Hootsuite Pro plan customers can view a variety of overview reports. To create custom reports and customize data in reports, you must be a Team, Business, or Enterprise plan member. See Create a new report in Analytics.
Open and display a report
Analytics reports display your social data in tiles. Use them to chart your paid and organic social data and visualize what's most important to you. Your reports automatically refresh every few minutes to reflect data updated by your social networks. Note that some social networks only update metrics every 24 hours.
- Go to Analytics .
- If the Analytics navigation is not visible, select Expand navigation, and then select All reports.
- Select a report from the reports list to open it.
For more information on how to work with the reports list, see Manage your Analytics reports.
You can run reports on one or more of your social accounts. Select a social network and social accounts at the top to search for and select social accounts. If your report contains other data sources, select Filter to refine your report view.
Note: A social account with a 'missing option' or 'missing account' message appears when that account has been removed from Hootsuite. See Add a social account to Hootsuite to learn how to add a social account to Hootsuite.
Select a date range or select two dates to compare
Select a date range to display using the date picker at the top of the page. You can also track performance trends over time by comparing two time frames. For example, you may want to compare results between the current month and the previous month. You can use date range comparisons for Line, Number, List, and Column visualizations.
- Select the date picker at the top of the page.
- To display a date range, select a date range option, and then select Set.
- To compare two time frames, select a date range, and then select Compare with another period. Next, select the "compared to" date range, and then select Set.
To remove a comparison, open the date picker, select the X next to the "compared to" date range, and then select Set.
Pin a report
You can pin reports to your reports list or to sections in the Analytics navigation for quick access.
- Open the report, and then select More actions.
- Select Pin, and then select where you want to pin the report.
Move or unpin a report
- Open the report, select More actions, and then select from the following options:
- Move pin - Select this option, and then select where you want to move the report.
- Unpin - Select this option to remove the report from a section.
You can also move a pin or unpin a pin in the Analytics navigation. Point to a pinned report, select the pin , and then select Move pin or Unpin.
You can choose from multiple report types, including organic, performance, and overview reports. Select New report and enter a search term into the search box at the top to quickly find a template. You can also select a report category on the left. Select Create report to create your report.
Track the performance of your posts or find out when to publish next to increase engagement. Check out the following reports and links for more information:
- Post performance - View your overall post performance
- Best time to publish - Suggestions for the best times to publish on social
- Team performance - Analyze team performance (Enterprise plan members only)
Use the following reports to track performance toward your social goals.
- Brand awareness - See how your brand is performing on social media. Review your audience impressions and engagement across your social accounts.
- Inbound engagement - Discover what your audience is saying about you.
- Audience growth - Track the size of your audience across your social accounts.
- Post engagement - Understand how engaged your audience is with the content you publish.
- Post reach - Track the number of post views and see which were the most popular.
- Post engagement overview - Track how your audience engaged with your content on each social network.
- Video reach - Keep track of video views on each social network.
- Video engagement overview - See how your videos were received by your audience.
- Link clicks - Understand how much traffic you are getting to your shared social links.
- Ow.ly clicks - Track your Ow.ly link clicks and traffic.
Track and share your social performance with overview reports. The following metrics are available (by report type):
- Facebook overview - Posts, Fans, Engagement, Traffic, Posts by Page, Fans by Page, Engagement by type, Traffic by Page, Inbound messages by sentiment, Posts table, Video views table.
- Twitter overview - Tweets, Followers, Engagement, Traffic, Tweets by account, Followers by account, Engagement by type, Traffic by account, Inbound messages by sentiment, Tweets table.
- Instagram overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Post video views, Posts by account, Followers by account, Engagement by type, Inbound messages by sentiment, Posts table, Video views table.
- LinkedIn overview - Posts, Followers, Engagement, Page clicks, Posts by Page, Followers by Page, Engagement by type, Page clicks by Page, Posts table, Page impressions, Page reach, Page engagement rate.
- Mixed overview
- Facebook fans, Twitter followers, Instagram followers, LinkedIn followers.
- Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram posts, LinkedIn posts.
- Facebook engagement, Twitter engagement, Instagram engagement, LinkedIn engagement.
- Facebook engagement by type, Twitter engagement by type, Instagram engagement by type, LinkedIn engagement by type.
- Facebook traffic, Twitter traffic, Facebook traffic by Page, Twitter traffic by account, Facebook Page content clicks, Facebook post clicks, LinkedIn Page clicks, LinkedIn post clicks, Facebook referral traffic, Twitter clicks by referrer, Twitter clicks by country.
- Facebook inbound messages by sentiment, Facebook posts table, Twitter inbound messages by sentiment, Tweets table, Instagram inbound messages by sentiment, Instagram posts table, LinkedIn posts table. To learn more, see How does Hootsuite Analytics determine sentiment?.
- Ow.ly traffic overview - Ow.ly shortened Links, Ow.ly total clicks, Ow.ly traffic for Facebook, Ow.ly traffic for Twitter, Facebook per-post Ow.ly clicks, Twitter per-tweet Ow.ly clicks, LinkedIn Pages per-post Ow.ly clicks.
Depending on your plan type and add-ons, you may also have access to the following reports:
- Team - Enterprise plan customers can create team reports to compare activity on dedicated support channels to other brand accounts. Filter on inbound message tags to categorize your message volume. Filter to display information specific to teams, team members, social accounts, tags, or message types.
- Amplify reporting - Measure the social influence of your organization’s employees by empowering them to share approved content across their social networks.
- Insights reporting - Customers with Insights powered by Brandwatch can make sense of millions of customer conversations happening in real-time, stay on top of trends, and set strategies with confidence.
- Impact reporting - Track social results and ROI with Impact in Analytics. You can view results for your organic, paid, and dark social media posts, and identify the content that your audience finds most engaging.
- Apps - Use advanced Unmetric Twitter metrics to analyze engagement and content.
Metrics on posts published in the last 31 days continue to update as you work. If you are a long-time customer, you can find Post metrics data for dates as early as Oct 2, 2017.