Article updated: May 09, 2022
Overview of Analytics
Use Hootsuite Analytics to measure the performance of your social media activity across multiple social networks. Analytics measures organic, promoted, owned, and earned metrics on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Enterprise plan members can also track customer support metrics, such as average response times and interaction volume (see Track your team's performance).
Depending on your subscription type, Analytics may include the following:
- My reports - Generate customizable and shareable reports geared to your organization. You can display mixed overview reports and customizable reports for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Organic reporting - View overall post performance, suggestions for best time to publish, and team performance.
- Post performance - Provides an overview of how your content was received by your audience.
- Best time to publish - Shows personalized suggestions for the optimal days and times to publish on social, based on your past performance.
- Team performance - Displays results for key metrics like team productivity, response time, and resolution time for Enterprise plan members.
- Ads reporting - Use Advertising performance to review and analyze the performance of your Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn ads and campaigns. Impact customers can also analyze the performance of their Twitter ads and campaigns.
- Impact reporting - Track social results and ROI with Impact in Analytics. You can view results for your organic, paid, and dark social media posts. Review results to identify the content that your audience finds most engaging.
- Amplify reporting - Use Amplify leaderboard to view engagement metrics for your Amplify posts. You can also compare your results with others in your organization.
- Apps - Use advanced Unmetric Twitter metrics to analyze engagement and content.
Open Hootsuite and go to Analytics.
Analytics data collection and storage
Hootsuite collects analytics data as soon as a social account connects to Hootsuite.
Note: Hootsuite Analytics only retrieves data for public posts. Unpublished (dark) posts are not supported in Analytics. Hootsuite does not collect data retroactively.
Numeric analytics data (for example, numbers of replies, comments, likes) is stored indefinitely. However, Hootsuite stops updating analytics data for posts older than one month, even if they continue to generate engagement.
Analytics data (for posts) is stored with the following limits:
- Inbound posts are stored for 13 months.
- Outbound posts are stored indefinitely (since October 2017).
- Tables of posts display the last 13 months of data.
What's the difference between post-level and Page-level metrics?
- Post-level metrics attribute data to specific posts and report the day each post was published. These metrics report on all posts published during the selected time frame.
- Page-level metrics attribute data to the page and the day each engagement occurred. These metrics report on all engagements that occurred during the selected time frame. These are aggregate metrics for all page posts, regardless of when the posts were published. Facebook Pages must have at least 30 likes before metrics can be returned for them. This requirement is the same on Facebook.com.
Let’s say you’re comparing Facebook Page analytics reports from April to March and wondering how Page impressions increased if Post impressions decreased. Post impressions display the impressions for the posts published in March and April. Page impressions display impressions for all posts on the Page, regardless of when they were published. Page impressions may have increased in April because, in addition to posts in March and April, posts in February were still generating good engagement.
Troubleshoot data warnings
- A social account is disconnected or reconnected within a selected time frame. Because data collection stops when a social account is disconnected, the data for that time frame may be incomplete. Make sure to check data for the selected time frame and, if applicable, the comparison time frame.
- If you are loading more than 500 accounts per social network into your report, some tiles in your report will include a partial data set. For a full report that includes all the accounts you selected, export or schedule an email export. See Export an Analytics report for more information.
If an account is disconnected and then reconnected, old data will be accessible. Hootsuite does not collect or display data for the period of time that the account was disconnected.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help