Article updated: June 08, 2022
Track your team's performance
The Team performance view can help you identify and recognize your social care team’s top performers. See how quickly and efficiently your teams support customers and prospects on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Team leads can also use team metrics to gauge productivity and develop goals. For example, you can review work volume and resolution speed for individual team members. You can also view the volume of incoming messages and how many assignments they generate. You can even track response times in Streams and Inbox to make sure your team is meeting service-level agreements.
Plans: Enterprise plan customers with Team Admin permissions
Set up the Team performance view
- Go to Analytics .
- Select Team performance.
- Select your social accounts, team, team members, and time frame.
Note: Only the team members who have completed an action within the selected time frame will appear in the Members list.
Metrics available for Team performance
Metrics are available for all Twitter and Facebook messages assigned, replied to, and sent from Hootsuite. As of August 16, 2021, Team metrics are also available for Instagram direct messages sent from Hootsuite.
Whether your teams work in Streams and Assignments or in Inbox, we automatically combine their metrics. Unless you change it, we calculate the time-based team metrics as absolute times and assume social support is available on a 24/7 schedule.
Note: As of March 15, 2021, the Team performance report and reports with Team data in Analytics no longer track Facebook mentions and Twitter searches from Streams. While you can continue to view and interact with these posts, Analytics no longer tracks these interactions in your Team data.
The following metrics are available in the Team performance view:
- First response time - The time between receiving a question from a customer and responding to it for the first time.
- Handling time - The time between someone assigning a message and someone resolving it.
- Overall response time - The average time it takes teams to respond to incoming messages.
- Pickup time - The time it takes someone to assign an incoming message to a team or team member.
- Resolution time - The time between receiving a question from a customer and someone resolving it.
- Messages received - The total number of messages received from customers.
- Messages - The number of Facebook and Twitter messages sent by the team through Hootsuite.
- Responses - The number of responses to messages from Inbox.
Response time metrics count incoming messages with at least one reply. They do not count dismissed messages with no reply.
Because we retrieve data in intervals, response times for the current day may not be accurate. Allow a day to ensure response times are accurate for all interactions.
If no data displays, there was nothing matching that metric during the selected time frame.
We assume social support is available on a 24/7 schedule when we calculate time-based Team metrics.
You can define different working hours for your organization. Customizing your work hours lets you to measure response time and assignment-handling speed according to your actual work schedule. For example, you can exclude weekend days from your response times if your team doesn’t work weekends.
Please reach out to your customer success manager to define the working schedule for your organization.
Note: You can define one schedule per organization and it will apply to all metrics. Setting working hours also applies them retroactively, recalculating all historical data.
How we calculate time-based Team metrics
Say you’ve set your organization’s working hours from 09:00 AM to 17:00 PM.
- If a team member receives a message at 18:00 PM and responds to it at 18:30 PM (both outside of your organization's working hours), the First response time and Overall response time metrics will show 0s (zero seconds).
- If a team member receives a message at 18:00 PM (outside your organization’s working hours) and responds to it the following day at 09:25 AM (during your organization’s working hours), the First response time and Overall response time metrics will show 25m.
Set team performance goals
You can set team performance goals (for example, work volume and resolution speed) for a specific time frame. Then, you can review the status of those goals in real-time.
- Go to Analytics, and then select Team performance.
- Select Manage goals.
- Select Create goal to set a target for each metric. You can set one target per metric.
- Enter a name for the goal, and then select the metric.
- Define the target time frame, and then select Save and Continue.
Note:If you are a Team Admin for multiple organizations, goals you create apply to the organization with the highest number of members. We recommend having one Team Admin per organization to ensure that any goals you create apply to all of your organizations.
Create team reports to compare activity on your dedicated support channels to your other brand accounts. Filter conversation threads by tags to categorize your message volume. Filter to display information specific to teams, team members, social accounts, tags, or message types. Learn how to create a report in Analytics.
You can also select Export to export team reports to PDF. Learn how to export an Analytics report.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help