Article updated: August 05, 2022
Save and edit drafts
You can save draft content from the Composer at any time, to polish and publish it later. Drafts with scheduled dates appear in Planner alongside your other scheduled content. Plan with confidence by viewing all finished posts, and works in progress, in one place. You’ll find all drafts, with and without scheduled dates, in the Content tab in Publisher.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members: A draft post with no social account selected is only visible to its author. A draft for a shared social account is collaborative. Other members with access to that account can see and edit the draft, and see who created it and when.
Save a draft
You can save a draft once you add an element to the post, such as text, an image, or a social account.
There is no limit to the number of drafts you can create. Images in drafts expire after 90 days to ensure image integrity at publishing time. When you publish a draft with an expired image, you are prompted to upload it again.
- Go to Composer and begin creating a post.
- Optionally, select Schedule for later, and select a date and time for the draft so that it appears in Planner alongside your other scheduled content.
- Select the arrow next to Post now (or Schedule), and then select Save draft.
Manage your drafts
To find your drafts, go to Publisher . You can edit to continue working on them, and then choose to save as draft again, or publish or schedule them. You can also delete drafts or copy and use them as a template. Keep in mind, social networks have strict publishing rules and often flag identical content as spam.
Scheduled drafts appear in Planner with a draft indicator .
Select a draft tile in Planner to open and view it in more detail. Then select Edit, Delete, or select More and then Duplicate to copy the draft.
Note: Not seeing a scheduled draft in your calendar? Drafts cannot currently be scheduled using recommended times. A draft saved with a recommended time will be saved as an unscheduled draft. You'll find it in the Content tab.
- Select a draft tile in Planner to open and view it in more detail. Then select Edit, Delete, or select More and then Duplicate to copy the draft.
Drafts without scheduled dates appear in the Content tab.
- In your list of drafts, point to a draft and then select Edit, Duplicate, or Delete .
See Manage your content calendar for more details.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help