Article updated: August 03, 2021
Work with drafts
When creating or editing a post on the Hootsuite web or mobile app, you can save it as a draft, and then return to finish it later. Scheduled drafts are visible in Planner (go to Publisher, and then select Planner) alongside your other scheduled content. You can plan with confidence by viewing all finished posts, and works in progress, at a glance.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members - Drafts can be either personal or collaborative. A draft post with no social account selected is only visible to its author. A draft with a shared social account selected becomes collaborative, meaning other organization members with access to the social account can see the draft and take action on it.
There is no limit to the number of drafts you can create and drafts don’t expire. However, to guarantee the integrity of an image at the time of publishing, images attached to drafts expire after 90 days. When scheduling or publishing a post with an expired image, you are prompted to upload it again.
Save a draft
A draft can be saved once any element of the post is complete - for example, if there is text in the body, an image attached, or a social account selected.
- Go to Create new post or select a post in Publisher to edit.
- Begin creating or editing the post.
- Select the arrow next to Post now or Schedule, and then select Save draft.
Manage your drafts
Scheduled drafts are displayed with a draft indicator in the Planner calendar. You can open, edit, delete, or duplicate them from there. You can also view a list of all of your saved drafts in Content and open, edit, delete, or duplicate any draft there. To manage your drafts in list view, do the following:
- Go to Publisher, select the Content tab, and then select Drafts.
Drafts with no account assigned to them are your personal drafts. Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members with access to shared social accounts see all drafts for those social accounts, who created them, and when.
- Choose from the following options:
- Edit a draft - Point to a draft and select Edit draft. You can choose to save the draft again, publish, or schedule the post.
- Duplicate a draft - Point to a draft and select Duplicate draft, then edit the duplicate to differentiate it from the original draft. Remember, social networks have strict publishing rules and often flag identical content as spam.
- Delete a draft - Point to a draft and select Delete draft .
Transition old drafts
Looking for your old drafts? Go to Publisher, select the Content tab, and then select Find them here.
To return to the new drafts view, select Drafts.
Note: This feature is being removed from Hootsuite on August 30. 2021. After this date, old drafts will no longer be accessible. If you still want old draft content, we recommend you copy it to a new post and save it as a new draft.