Article updated: July 09, 2023
Add media assets from a content library
Content library assets are an organization's pre-approved post templates and images. Assets make it easy to publish content that's relevant and on-brand.
You need to be a team member with access to the team's content library to use the assets. Organizations can have many libraries and can share specific content with selected teams.
You can add media from a content library when creating a new post in Hootsuite or the mobile app.
Plans: Business and Enterprise
Add a media asset when creating a post
Access your content library and add library media assets when you create a post.
- You can start your post in Composer or in Planner:
- Go to Composer and select Media library .
- Go to Planner and select Add media. Learn all about adding media when scheduling a post.
- Select to open a content library and browse its stored media assets. Post templates are not displayed here. For those, see Use a content library template.
- In Composer, select an image to attach it to your post. In Planner, you can drag a media asset to a slot in your calendar or point to the asset and select Use in post to start drafting a post.
View the details of your content library assets
Within a content library, you can view the following for each asset:
- When it was added or last used.
- The number of times it has been used.
- Its tags.
- Its availability timeframe, if applicable.
Browse your content library assets in Planner
Access and browse through your content library assets in Planner.
- Go to Planner .
- Select the Content tab at the top of the calendar.
- Under Content Sources, select Content Library.
- Select a content library. You can select to view just Images or Messages. You can also sort assets by age, popularity, availability, or tag.
Can't find what you're looking for? We're here to help