Article updated: October 20, 2021
Enable Instagram publishing notifications
Use this article to set up Instagram publishing via the mobile notification workflow.
This workflow sends your prepared post or story, including all media files, to the Hootsuite app on your mobile device for you to publish via the Instagram app. You must enable push notifications in your Hootsuite app and your device settings to get the notification reminders when your posts and stories are ready to be published.
Instagram requires personal and creator profiles to use this publishing workflow for all posts and stories. Business profiles must use this workflow for stories and posts with multiple images or videos (carousels). See Create an Instagram post to learn more.
Before you begin
Make sure you have the latest versions of Instagram and Hootsuite installed on your mobile device.
Enable push notifications
- Open your Hootsuite mobile app.
- Select your account profile picture .
- Select the Settings tab, and then select Notifications.
- Select your connected Instagram profile.
- Turn on all Instagram notifications.
- If applicable, select Back and then repeat steps 4 and 5 for each Instagram profile you want to publish to.
- If notification permissions for the Hootsuite app aren't enabled in your mobile device settings, follow the prompts to turn them on too.
Team, Business, and Enterprise plan members in a Hootsuite organization must complete these steps to publish posts to an organization's Instagram profile from their own mobile device. All mobile devices that are set up to get publishing notifications for an Instagram profile will get the notifications. See Finish publishing via mobile notification to learn more.
Important: Notifications get turned off when you log out of your Hootsuite and Instagram apps. Make sure you’re always logged in to both apps.